Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2005 4:52:59 AM EDT
Blued with the one blue mag it came with.

Its obviously getting better.  When I first got it I was having a jam just about every other mag.  Sunday I shot 50 rounds and had only two problems.

One was one that I keep having in which my left hand hits the mag release while firing. Thats my problem, not my guns.  I never do this on my full size 1911.

The second, and bad one, is almost always on the last round in the mag.  The round has trouble feeding.  Its sticks, front off the bullet is in the chamber, the bullet is angled upwards and it seems like it is stuck in both the mag and in the chamber.  The only way to clear it is to lock the slide back and eject the mag, then the bullet just falls out.

Does this sound more like a mag problem than a gun problem?

Where is a good place to get good mags?

I bought this gun for winter carry, but I will not carry it until I can get at least 100 rounds without a jam through it.

SEE UPDATE BELOW
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:17:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Try some Wilson mags - if you still have feeding trouble with the Wilsons send the gun back to Kimber.  They will make it right.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:01:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:13:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought a new mag.

Old mag, place one round in mag.  Place in gun.  Rack slide.  Round jams.
New mag, place one round in mag.  Place in gun.  Rack slide.  Round glides perfectly into the chamber.

Repeat 5 times, same result each time.
So it was a mag prob.  I can't see any difference side by side.  Both are brand new blue Kimber mags.

Can I send the bad mag back to Kimber and get a replacment?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:17:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top