Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/20/2006 4:12:29 PM EDT
Went to pick out a 1911 and the Kimber Tactical Pro 2 felt great in my hand and was just an awesome gun. It was $902.99 I thought that was kind of high but wasn't sure? I also held off from buying and told him I would be back tomorrow becaus eit is a series 2 with the external extractor. Is this a go, should I buy it or hold off and look for an internal extractor model?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:27:55 PM EDT
thought I saw one for around the high $800s at the fun shop today.

www.impactguns.com/store/kimber_compact.html
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:52:01 PM EDT
Keeping in mind that I freely admit I'm dead set against Kimber after troubles with two differant series II guns, I will say that if you look around the net, most troubles reported with Kimbers stem from their externaly extractor design, and seem worst on the "smaller" guns like the Pro. Although they still say their guns have no problems, it seems they are going back to internal extractors across the board. I would wait for one of these. The original Kimbers were great guns right out of the box. Hopefully they can get back there soon. Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:03:28 PM EDT
If it were me, I would be shopping for a Colt Commander or a S&W Scandium (its extractor seems to work better than Kimber's).
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:05:11 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ken_mays:
If it were me, I would be shopping for a Colt Commander or a S&W Scandium (its extractor seems to work better than Kimber's).

+1
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:54:30 AM EDT
Tact Pro is a good pistola, In the price range there are other options, If your a Kimber fan the Warrior comes quickly to mind.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:21:07 AM EDT
I agree with what others say about the external extractor - stay away from it imho. Have you looked at the Pro Raptor II ? - internal extractor and very nice imho. The warrior is cool too but my $$ is on the Pro Raptor II. Worth a look - as you know, personal preference.... Again, I'd stay away from the external extractor... they're changin them back to internal for a reason.... Some folks will disagree with this but I think more will agree...

good luck -
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:54:06 AM EDT
That external extractor problem bothered me enough that I decided against Kimber until they get their guns fixed.

I ended up buying a series 80 Colt Commander.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:35:44 PM EDT
wise man.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:22:09 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Trumpet:

wise man

+1000
Top Top