Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2003 7:10:18 PM EDT
Looking for experience and opinions about the Tactical Pro II. Looking to compare this to a Springfield Champion PX9511L. Feeding various ammo goods/bads; out-of-box trigger creep/no creep... THX!
Link Posted: 4/28/2003 3:15:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I will have one in about 1.5 weeks.  I can't compare to the Springfield, but I can tell you how it is.
Link Posted: 4/28/2003 5:20:24 PM EDT
[#2]
While I have a Custom II and I swear by it, you might want to check out the kimber board at www.1911forum.com if you haven't already. It's a pretty good resource.
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 8:22:30 PM EDT
[#3]
M4NATE: Appreciate feedback you may provide.
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 8:19:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I picked up my Tac Pro II and took it to the range on Sunday.  The fit and finish are excellent, but the recoil...well, let's just say it feels like taking a hammer to the palms.

The lightweight frame coupled with the short, light slide, makes the recoil not too fun.  In comparison, I'm able to shoot hundreds of rounds through a Glock 33 in .357 Sig with out much trouble.  I barely made it through 50 rounds in this gun before I called it a day.

So, I think I'm going to sell the thing.  There's no point in having a weapon that I can't enjoy shooting, or one who's recoil makes me inaccurate.  I think I'm going to put it towards a HK P7M8 instead.

I'm sure it's a good weapon for some people, but it's just got too much recoil bite for me.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 11:12:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Excellent weapon.  I've had mine for approximately two weeks and it has been completely reliable, both with reloads and with factory ammo.  Excellent trigger.  External extractor has functioned perfectly.  Recoil has been a non-issue, same basic size and weight as the much respected Colt Lightweight Commander.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top