Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2004 9:47:51 AM EDT
Anyone got one?
I am seriously thinking about getting this for my first 1911.My dad has a kimber eclipse,Love it..Is the eclipse better than the TLE II?

I have heard that its a great gun,I wanna hear more though
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:58:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a TLE II.  It is my favorite handgun I have ever owned.  The only problems I have had with it have either been my fault or caused by a bad mag spring.  The only differences I have found between the Eclipse and the TLE is the obvious finish difference and the Eclipse seems to have a better trigger.  The Eclipse also give you the option of adjustible sights if you so desire.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:58:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I love my TLE.  Shoots great, and looks great.  Just got some Wilson 47DCB mags and black Alumagrips for it.  Great gun.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:04:41 PM EDT
[#3]
+1 for the TLE. Bar none, my favorite 1911. Carry it off duty and I love it!

Just to add something else to the mix...Kimber does offer a stainless TLE (has the external extractor), just in case finish was a concern.

Which ever one you decide on, I'm sure you'll love it!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 12:47:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Got one...very nice gun...no complaints except for the grips, which I always throw in the junk drawer and replace with Ahrends stuff anyway. I also use only Wilson #47 seven round mags so cannot tell you if the standard mag works or not.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 3:30:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I cant seem to find the round capacity for the TLEII
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:42:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:55:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Thnx alot fellas for the info! Gotta shop around now!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top