Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/13/2003 1:13:37 PM EDT

Kimber Plans Special Run of 10mm, 9mm & 38 Super Pistols

Yonkers, New York, July 10, 2003 – Responding to customer requests, Kimber has scheduled short production runs of three new pistols late this summer. Dealers can place orders until September 1st. Delivery will begin early in September and supply will be extremely limited. Interested customers are encouraged to visit a Kimber Master Dealer to make an advance reservation that ensures availability.

10mm Stainless Target II – The first Kimber to be chambered for the powerful 10mm is the full-size stainless steel Stainless Target II. This pistol features a ramped 5-inch match grade barrel with match grade chamber and bushing, dovetail-mounted adjustable sight and 8-round magazine. Suggested list price is $1,026.

9mm Stainless Target II – The first 9mm Kimber is identical in features and price with the 10mm model and includes a 9-round magazine. As with all full-size Kimber pistols a match grade barrel bushing and trigger group, beavertail grip safety, extended thumb safety and slightly extended magazine release button are standard.

38 Super Team Match II – Based on the .45 ACP pistol selected by the USA Shooting Rapid Fire Pistol Team to prepare for the 2004 Olympics, this pistol is identical in every way other than its traditional internal extractor. Based on a full-size stainless steel platform, the ramped barrel, chamber, bushing and trigger group are match grade. Special Team Match features include 30 LPI checkered front strap, adjustable sight, extended magazine well, Premium Aluminum Trigger and red, white and blue USA Shooting Team logo grips. Suggested list price is $1,352 and Kimber will donate $100 from each sale to the USA Shooting Team.

www.kimberamerica.com/pr.php

I want a 10mm.
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 8:37:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm a fan of the 10mm , even though I sold mine off to simplify my ammo nventory. However I have concerns about the durability of Kimbers MIM parts in a 10mm 1911. Colt hused hardened tool steeel in their 190mm 1911's and still had problems.

The Glock 20 may be the only common 10mm handgun that will handle a steady diet of full power 10mm ammo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top