Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/17/2006 5:04:41 PM EDT
I have a Kimber Ultra Carry and I'm wondering if the Kimber facotry magazines are worth purchasing?

I would like to get a magazine that sits flush and I know that the Wilson Mags don't.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:11:52 PM EDT
[#1]
The kimber tactical mags are good yet the factory regular mags suck sack.  If you must stick with flat mags use the kimber tactical or premium i forget what they are called.  I have 2 and they are great although I rely on Wilsons.

Hope this helps
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:37:51 PM EDT
[#2]
What about the Wilsons with low profile basepad? I am not sure if they stick out or not. I have one on order right now and my ultra is at Kimber getting fixed but once I get the gun back and get the mag in the mail I will let you know if it sticks out or not.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:43:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll sell you my two Kimber mags cheap, Ultra Carry 7 rds, one SS, one blue - IM me.

Go with the Wilson, you'll get used to the base pad.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:49:14 PM EDT
[#4]
The Wilsons will still stick out a little even with the low profile base pad (the magazine body is the same). I have two Kimber 7 round mags I use in my Springfield Micro Compact. One has worked as well as any I have, the other one has bound up to where I sometimes can't get more than 5 rounds in it.

I sent the bad one back to Kimber and asked them to repair or replace. I called them first. I suspect they'll send me a new one, waiting to see (just sent it out 2 or 3 days ago). Meanwhile, my Micro is back at Springfield.

BTW, I bought both mags on ebay, the good one was used (slightly, by a seller I've dealt with before) and the bad one was new in a sealed package. I paid way less than the price in your link for each.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:07:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The kimber tactical mags are good yet the factory regular mags suck sack.  If you must stick with flat mags use the kimber tactical or premium i forget what they are called.  I have 2 and they are great although I rely on Wilsons.

Hope this helpshr

By tactical mags I assume you mean the Kim-Pro Tac.  That's actually what I want.  But I'm not even sure if they make them for the ultra cary and if they do I can't find them anywhere.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:11:36 AM EDT
[#6]
I own a dozen Kimber 7 & 8 rounders for my full size Kimbers & have no problems at all w/ them.  I actually like Kimber's factory mags.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:21:36 AM EDT
[#7]
The only malfuction I have ever had with my Mimber external extractor stainless II was a result of a 8 shot Kimber factory mag. My 7 shot mag has never gave me any any problems. I like the basepads it makes locking the magazine in place easier for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top