Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2009 4:58:57 PM EDT
Howdy,
I just got a few from UPS today.  Here are my notes and pics.  Weather is so damned nice today I decided to take the mags with my g17 and g19 too!

General notes:

• Loading all 33 cartridges isn't difficult unlike the factory or kci 17rd mags.  

• No failures occured at the range out of two full 33rd mags.

• Empty mags do not drop free from my g17 or my g19.  When a mag is empty, you have to press the mag release and pull out the empty mag

Now pics before someone calls bs on me.

1st pic is a g19 mag above the khan mag

2nd pic shows a comparison of the back side of the mags.   the top portion of the khan mag is shown on the left with the factory g19 mag on the right.  I tried to line up the shoulders on the left side so yall could see that the khan mags numbers and peep holes are off.  I onliy noticed this after loading 30 cartridges in the khan mag, and the back of a case was showing in the 31 hole.  

3rd pic shows that the base plate is kinda backwards.  I was trying to pop off the base plate like a regular glock mag, but i guess i intially failed because its backwards.  

4th pic shows that the khan base plate is flat, so a fully loaded mag can stand straight up on its own.  the g19 is tilting to the right.  I thought this was a nifty feature.

5th pic shows g19 with the factory mag

6th pic shows g19 with the khan mag with the g19 mag on the side.

7th pic shows the front of the mags, khan on the left and g19 on the right.  I guess the rectangular notch on the khan mag is for the 4th gen glock?  

final pic.  William Shatner approves of "KHAN!!!"

Link Posted: 4/13/2009 5:01:41 PM EDT
[#1]
i only see the pic of shatner...
Link Posted: 4/13/2009 5:33:49 PM EDT
[#2]
nice pics
Link Posted: 4/13/2009 6:37:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I hope Glock is not planning to make all their models with ambi. safeties.  I don't like the way they feel when disengaged.
Link Posted: 4/13/2009 6:45:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a dozen of the Glock factory 33's and would like to know what you paid for the Khan's and were you bought them.

Seems to be metal lined, right?

If they're priced right you have found a DEAL!
Link Posted: 4/13/2009 7:05:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I just recently bought a bunch of the KHAN 33rnd mags for $20 a mag from Cope's Distributing.
Link Posted: 4/13/2009 7:39:18 PM EDT
[#6]
looks like you got the pics working. i saw a few of those mags at the last gun show and thought about buying some for the wifies glock (15 rounders). for some reason i have a hard time buying something thats not OEM. dont know why but i do.
Link Posted: 4/13/2009 8:25:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have a dozen of the Glock factory 33's and would like to know what you paid for the Khan's and were you bought them.

Yup, they're metal lined.  I got them from Copes Distributing for $20.  There's another thread in the glock forums that's titled something along the lines of "khan 33rd mags now available!".   I just wanted to make a new thread, since that other one is mostly a s*** storm of "i'd never trust my life to these korean mags!" and "these are just range mags!" and "i like pie!"
Link Posted: 4/14/2009 4:52:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for posting a review. Glad to read they work as expected
Link Posted: 4/14/2009 7:01:12 AM EDT
[#9]
OP: Great post/review/work/help

I'm going to get some of those 'range' 33's this week!

I'll keep my fancy Glock factory mags for the Day.
Link Posted: 4/14/2009 11:26:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Midway - $17.99 each regular price or $14.99 each dealer/FFL

They were in stock as of mid-day 4/14 (about 120 or so of them).  The status right now when I just checked was "temporarily unavailable" (whatever that means). Must have been a glitch, ~90 available

I like pie!
Link Posted: 4/14/2009 5:47:44 PM EDT
[#11]
nice find kevins garage!
you're welcome ftldrben!
Link Posted: 4/14/2009 5:50:21 PM EDT
[#12]
On the Khan G17 mags, the left feed lip is buggered up and pushes the follower to the right as it approaches the top of the mag.  This makes mag catch engagement rather "iffy."  Do the G18 mags share this flaw?

edited to add: the pics at this link explain it better than I could:  LINK
Link Posted: 4/14/2009 7:17:37 PM EDT
[#13]
factory glock 33rounders stand straight up too.
Link Posted: 4/15/2009 7:28:23 AM EDT
[#14]
I must be lookking in the wrong place...can't find them on the Midway site...

Anybody, where the...are they?
Link Posted: 4/15/2009 1:00:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Khan Magazine Glock 17, 19, 26, 34 9mm Luger 33-Round Polymer Black
Link Posted: 4/15/2009 4:02:29 PM EDT
[#16]
How do you create a dealer account on Midway?  Is it as easy as it is with Brownells?
Link Posted: 4/15/2009 4:24:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
How do you create a dealer account on Midway?  Is it as easy as it is with Brownells?

Pretty much. I forget the exact details but it was pretty easy.

Link Posted: 4/15/2009 4:53:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Can someone take a picture of one of these mags from the top so that we can see if the left feed lip is ok?  

Here's a pic of the problem with the Khan G17 mags
Link Posted: 4/15/2009 6:08:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Khan Magazine Glock 17, 19, 26, 34 9mm Luger 33-Round Polymer Black

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/15/2009 7:51:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty much. I forget the exact details but it was pretty easy.

Midway dealer info
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 7:27:58 AM EDT
[#21]
ive read on other threads that these mags & kci can potentially "disassemble themselves" after being dropped on concrete when empty. have you tried this?
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 10:04:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
ive read on other threads that these mags & kci can potentially "disassemble themselves" after being dropped on concrete when empty. have you tried this?

Ive got a KCI that shit is guts out in my SHTF bag, I dont know what happened to it.  It was loaded and I guess got hit and popped the base plate off of it.  I still use KCI's as range mags ... but carry factory for defensive purposes.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 10:16:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Can someone take a picture of one of these mags from the top so that we can see if the left feed lip is ok?  

Here's a pic of the problem with the Khan G17 mags
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b194/fatlatino/Glock%20Mags/DSCN1892.jpg

It looks to me like the left side of that Glock is bulged outward.

Link Posted: 5/3/2009 2:31:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ive got a KCI that shit is guts out in my SHTF bag, I dont know what happened to it.  It was loaded and I guess got hit and popped the base plate off of it.  I still use KCI's as range mags ... but carry factory for defensive purposes.

Ah...even for 'range' mags...this is unacceptable. Bummer, I was just about to order some.

Link Posted: 5/3/2009 4:25:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

thanks broseph, thats exactly what i wanted (or didnt want) to hear. i will steer clear
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top