Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2003 5:30:58 AM EDT
I'm seriously thinking of getting a P11 as my carry gun, but I haven't had the chance to fire one yet.  Can you give me an idea of what the recoil is like?  Maybe compare it to another gun?  I've shot a S&W 638, and a S&W semi-auto 9mm and the recoil on those wasn't bad at all.  A friend thinks the Keltec P11 recoil might be similar to the 638.  I also shot a S&W .357Magnum titanium, and the recoil was horrible, painful, not good.  Actually, I've shot about 13 or 14 pistols, and the only gun that I thought the recoil was unbearable on, was the titanium .357.  This includes .45ACP Glocks and 1911's.  How do you think I'll do with the P11?

Thanks,
Jim
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 6:47:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I own the p-11, and carried it for about 1 1/2 years, I wouldnt say recoil is that of a .357 IMO, more like a glock 26. The recoil IS pretty noticeable, quite sharp, but the versatility of the p-11 outweighs this. I quit carrying mine because I really didnt like the DAO trigger, too much play after each shot! But I adored the ability of the gun to accept certain Hi-cap mags, and you can get a clip mounted to the side so you can carry W/O a holster.
Overall, I'd recomend it if you can stand the trigger pull.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 8:24:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Oh yeah, that was another question I had, about the clip.  I didn't know if you could get one for the P11.  Cool, I was thinking of doing that or SmartCarry.

Thanks,
Jim
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 9:39:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I dont own one but I have a shot a P11 a few times and the recoil was very sharp and noticeable. I thought the recoil of the P11 was worse than the Glock 30 or my Taurus PT145 in 45 ACP.

HTH

KC
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top