Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/19/2005 4:37:54 PM EDT
Those who have 'em, how do you like 'em? Anything to watch out for with these? Are big hands a liability?

Thanks!

Jay
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 9:29:25 PM EDT
I've got one and am very happy with it. It's been 100% reliable, has never missed a beat in the roughly 500 rounds I've shot through it, some HP's but mostly FMJ's. I'm 6'4", 240, have pretty big hands and have no problems with it. Seems like KT's quality control has quite a bit of spread to it, while the KT's I've got are both good I've heard enough stories to be convinced that theyr'e all not good. But KT's customer service is good and they'll fix or replace any guns that don't work. The P32 is a sweet little pistol, mild recoil and so thin and light you won't know it's there.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:14:12 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Jaybo:
Those who have 'em, how do you like 'em? Anything to watch out for with these? Are big hands a liability?

Thanks!

Jay

Other than the occassional slide bite, I've never had an issue with the little gun. I kept it over the P3AT because it didn't recoil as much or bite my hand as often. My P32 has never jammed for any reason that wasn't my fault. The only bitch I have with the KT guns is that their mag springs tend to weaken over a relatively short period of time. I replace my springs every 6 months or so and will until Wolff makes springs for'em.
The gun is so light and small, I've forgotten I've had it in my pocket and as a result I'm more apt to carry it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:29:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/20/2005 10:29:45 AM EDT by HardShell]
IMHO/experience, either of the K-T pocket-guns (.32 or .380) need to be broken in well & then tested well with your proposed carry ammo.

I have one of each - neither has given me a single problem after the first 200 rounds or so.

I also strongly recommend a quality pocket-holster for pocket carry. There are many good ones out there, but I use Hedley pocket holsters (hand-made but reasonably-priced ).
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 11:06:45 AM EDT
Excellent, thanks! Once this hurricane passes, I may just have to look into one.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 1:35:38 PM EDT
It is fine for a $200 bug. If you can conceal a bigger gun, do it. If not, it is better than harsh language.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 9:34:00 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SilverState:
It is fine for a $200 bug. If you can conceal a bigger gun, do it. If not, it is better than harsh language.

LOL
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:56:31 AM EDT
I like mine . . . it goes more places then "Visa" . . . . "Don't leave home without it"

With the P32 there is one "issue", but it's fixable.

The 32ACP is a semi-rimmed cartridge.

If you remember, Larry Seecamp made his magazines for Hollow Point ammunition only and this pissed a lot of folks off. The Kel-Tec magazine will accomidate Ball or HP ammunition.

The reason Seecamp restricted the interior space in the magazine is that it is possible that the round on top of the magazine, if it's not got the full length profile of the ball Round, can get it's rim hooked/locked behind the rim of the round below it.

I've seem it happen several times at the range and "Rim Lock" makes the pistol all but useless until you can pry the rounds apart, which takes time.

I made some homemade spacers that worked great, but Keltec now has a spacer kit available so this will not happen.

I highly recommend the P32, but you have to have the spacer kit in my opinion.

I know someone will bring it up, but the 3AT/.380 ACP does not have this problem. The .380ACP round was designed as a "rimless" cartridge
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 4:13:58 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JohnHollister:

I made some homemade spacers that worked great, but Keltec now has a spacer kit available so this will not happen.

I highly recommend the P32, but you have to have the spacer kit in my opinion.

Just looked at the Kel-Tec website, and didn't find the spacer kit. Looked at "parts" and "accessories" for the P32... Got a part number I can ask for?
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 9:49:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/2/2005 9:50:37 AM EDT by JohnHollister]
No, sorry. It came in a plastic envelope that has long since hit the trash can.

But you shouldn't have any trouble just asking for a "P32 magazine spacer kit"

I think they charge $7 for the kit . . . which in my opinin they should give away for free!
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 1:26:04 PM EDT
I'll have to see about a 7 rounder and a 10 rounder, then...
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 3:58:42 PM EDT
Last I saw, they only had them available for the seven round magazines, but it may be worth asking
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 9:14:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JohnHollister:
Last I saw, they only had them available for the seven round magazines, but it may be worth asking

Well, if they don't have one for the 10 rounders, it should be something that could be made...
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:45:47 PM EDT
I have 2 of them and 2 - P3's

one of each works fine , and one of each is totally unreliable.
the old P-3s have conventional extractors , but my new P3 has a sheet metal one piece spring extractor and it total Crap !
do not buy the new ones with the sheet metal extractor - you will be sorry!
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 4:31:31 AM EDT
I've had my P32 for a pretty long time, and have never had any problems with it. I remember seeing the "new" P32 at the 2000 Shot Show in Atlanta - WOW!! I was so impressed, I just had to have one. Well as soon as possible I got one, and it has served as a BUG or DC weapon on a daily basis ever since, replacing the easy to hide Beretta Jetfire .25 (with Magsafe ammo).

Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:02:19 PM EDT
I have a couple of 32s. I have never had any problems with either. I use S&B FMJs for practice and Speer Gold Dots for carry, never a problem with either.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 12:19:25 AM EDT
I still have mine but dumped it as daily carry in favor of a sig P232

I guess it could do the job but it felt like a pile of crap to me. Didnt feel I could trust my life to it at all.

Top Top