Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2004 6:58:38 PM EDT
 I have a P40, about 200 rnds through it and it has FTFd so much that I can not trust it as a CCW.  I have 3 mags for it and it FTF with them all.  So what should I do?  If I sell it to someone, I'm passing along a crappy gun.  If I keep it I'm stuck with a crappy gun.  Comments?

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:09:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Trade it in.  Just make sure none of you're buddies get it.

So it's a jammomatic, that don't mean it's worthless as a range gun.

You did your homework, and tried to proof the gun before you depend on it.

Whoever gets it next has this responsibility too.  If they don't make sure the gun is 100%, it's their bad, not yours.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:11:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:46:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Put it in a shadow box on the wall and place a 3"X5" card with tiny print that says

"In case of EMERGENCY throw this"

LOL         It'll throw a couple out!     sometimes I get a whole mag out
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 10:00:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:01:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Contact Kel-Tec, they have great customer Service and will offer to convert your P40 to 9mm. I can tell you that the P40 is a very unpleasant handgun to shoot. Why? It flat out kicks! In regard to the bobbles take your pistol to the range one more time and hold it in your hand very tightly, try to strangle it. Again, why? Kel-Tec told me the bobbles were due to limp-wristing; I tried their method and I saw no more malfis. Regards, Richard:D
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:23:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Never mind
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:22:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the advise.  Yes it does kick hard, and perhaps I am limp wristing it.  I'll shoot it a bit more and see if a tighter grip will solve the problem.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 4:53:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Stiffen the wrist but DO NOT grip it tighter as in a vise like grip.  Kel-Tec will take care of any malfunctions.  Consider also that this is not a "range gun" in the sense of running many boxes through it and expecting it to hold up.  It won't .  It's a defensive gun.    You are definitely doing the right thing by running it before trusting it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top