Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 9/19/2002 7:40:46 PM EDT
I carry one of these in my back pocket almost everywhere. It's loaded with Gold Dot JHPs and is "head shot" accurate at 15 yards. Mine has the black grips.

Have you seen the new ones in the garish colors? Eeeeeeewww!
Link Posted: 9/23/2002 4:43:56 PM EDT
Did you do anything to make it more accurate? I'll have to try some gold dots...
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 6:43:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/26/2002 6:46:40 PM EDT by Wardog_6]

Originally Posted By markl32:
Did you do anything to make it more accurate? I'll have to try some gold dots...

Nope. Guess I got a good one. I've heard other people not nearly as happy with them.
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 7:08:41 PM EDT
You can draw, fire and do consistent head shots at 15 yards? The gun is completely a belly gun for me. But then I carry it as a NY reload, and my primary CCW I can do headshots at 50 yards with, though I'd likely never try that for real.
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 3:43:48 PM EDT
I like mine, it's been 100% reliable so far. It's so light I can carry it in my jock strap while jogging. Not a barn burner but much better than going without!

By the way, mine is the grey lower. The gun shop had grey and electric blue... You make the call.
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 3:58:01 PM EDT
For all the Kel-tec folks:

Kel-tec will hard chrome your slide(matte gray finish), and install a new stainless steel barrel.

Just send them your slide and barrel.....

And $20!

That's a great deal if I ever heard one. Mine will be shipped shortly, as soon as I can find a CCW gun that's as easy to carry in the interim.
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 7:26:45 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DavidC:
You can draw, fire and do consistent head shots at 15 yards?

I can't draw it fast, but the draw from the back pocket is extremely discreet. Two hand hold is necessary for consistent head shots. Usual practice is to blast the whole mag as fast as I can one-handed weak hand and strong hand at 7 yards. I get dessert plate-sized groups well centered.

The gun is completely a belly gun for me. But then I carry it as a NY reload, and my primary CCW I can do headshots at 50 yards with, though I'd likely never try that for real. hr

My primary carry is a Kahr K9. The KelTec is my all-the-time gun. (You know, when you can't carry a gun?) When I've got my primary, the KelTec is my OSWOLR.
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 7:28:29 PM EDT

Originally Posted By markl32:
By the way, mine is the grey lower. The gun shop had grey and electric blue... You make the call.

I've also seen white and hot pink. You made a good choice.

My preference:
1. Black
2. Green or Gray
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 10:28:21 AM EDT
I have all three of the Keltec, P-32, P-11 and P-40 and they'r fine guns. I also have a stainless Kahr K-9 that cost almost three times as much as my P-11. The K-9 is far to heavy for pocket carry, so I bought the 15 ounce P-11 and the Kahr K-9 lives in the gun safe. I should sell the K-9 and bank the money because the gun isn't getting used. Oh and my P-11 has the gray frame with the hard chromed slide and barrel. The P-11 is the better carry gun, due to its lighter weight and three more round mag capacity and much much cheaper to purchase.

7th
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 11:10:43 AM EDT
I have had the baby blue P32 for a year now, and the color is great and hasn't faded. The bright blue plastic will make the gun look like a toy, which may reduce its value as a deterrent.

I once was sitting around a table with a bunch of friends (non-gun people of course) who had their papers and books and folders and cellphones and coffee mugs on the table, so I pulled out my P32 too and lay it next to the cellphone. NOBODY noticed it.

The color will help it just blend in with things in an urban setting. If I ever have to brandish it in public, at least far fewer people will freak out when seeing it
Top Top