Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/29/2005 10:31:08 PM EDT
I looked at a model 11 , 9mm today . I liked it but am wondering are they any good ? I've not really ever heard of them . The rear sight was missing? BUT on the reviews it said that the sights were plastic.... Anyway I've E-mailed Kel Tec to see about replacement sights and mags . Alot of reviews mentioned "Break in" (jamming issuses)Is this common w them ? Thanks for any info RL
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 10:39:07 PM EDT
yes and no.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:59:38 AM EDT
Get about 250 rnds in them and they are flawless.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 9:18:57 AM EDT
My P-11 was flawless from day one. No problems at all.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 9:34:56 AM EDT
I loved mine when I had it. I was surprisingly accurate. The quality differs slightly from one to the next. Mine did need a bit of polishing (feed ramp, some burrs on the slide, little rough machining)
That being said. the only thing about it that I didnt like was the magazines rattle a bit when full.
I reccomend them. Just beware of limp wristing, and they have pretty stout recoil.
Don't pay more then $220 for one.
YMMV
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 12:28:37 PM EDT
Thanks all . They got $149 on it . maybe I'll just put it on layaway . Is there a way to tell about when the new trigger springs were introed , on KT site they talk about night sights and ways to slickem up . Never had a DAO...... Are ALL mags 10rds are they avilable ? Thats a damn small gun for 11 rds
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 1:02:38 PM EDT
Actually, I think the new mags are 12 rds.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:23:22 PM EDT
it will take any s&w 59 or 69 series mags.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 10:18:33 PM EDT
Thanks
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:32:30 AM EDT
I've used my P11 since '97 as my back-up gun with-out trouble at all. Check the Kel-Tec owner's group forum, you'll find lots of info there.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:59:08 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Stasher1:
My P-11 was flawless from day one. No problems at all.

+1
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:13:07 PM EDT
I went back and looked it agian . Is it normal for the plastic spring guide to point nearly straight up towards the barrel when the slide is back ? Kel tek said new rear sight .50 OR nightsights for $80 , Belt clip $13 , mags $20 each . I found another candidate a little more convetional Astra A100 9mm Hi cap . It fit my hand very well . 17 rds mag DA . And Megar makes Hi cap mags . I ve got a A75 9mm that is very nice . Then I found a Tarruis 92 clone , I liked that one too .???????

I am thinking that A100
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:17:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/1/2005 9:22:02 PM EDT by Rocklock]
ONE last ? has anyone shot Mil Surp 9mm thru it ? (#11) Wolf ? US NATO 9mm ?

Does that "little tiny hammer" set off hard primes reliably ?
Thanks agian RL
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:17:47 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Rocklock:
Thanks all . They got $149 on it . maybe I'll just put it on layaway . here , on KT site they talk about night sights and ways to slickem up . Never had a DAO...... Are ALL mags 10rds are they avilable ? Thats a damn small gun for 11 rdsh.gif

I think the new triggers were introduced a four to five years ago. If you're buying a new one, you shouldn't have to worry about it.

As far as reliability, mine had about ten failures to feed during the first 200-300 rounds, mostly with FMJs (I should have done a better job at keeping records). I should mention that about half of them occurred in the same day, so it was either me, or that lot of ammunition. I have put a few hundred rounds through it since the last malfunction and had no more problems.

The main reason why I like it, is its size. It conceals really well; especially when in summer clothing. Higher capacity magazines could take away from its main purpose: CCW pistol.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:53:47 PM EDT
Well I bought the #11 $149 . And then I noticed a minty S&W # 19 4" in the counter that just came "out "$219 bucks . SSsssooooo I put it on lay away ! whoowhoohoohoo . As I was going to Sportsman Wharehouse to get some 9mm for the Kel Tec...............$133 dollars later , 4 boxes of ammo . And ALL the dies (carbide), shell holder , two differant weight bullets , Brass , Ect. for the new .357mag . With S&W Discontinuing the K frame I thought it would be a good investment .

I finally got to my range and put 250+ rds thru the Kel Tec .
Federal 147 grain caused the slide to lock back twice . I think I limp wristed it had two stove pipes and a light pin strike on Wolf which went on the second pull of the trigger.

Winchester Nato ran fine , Winchester 115 HP ran fine , Independence 115 gr (new to me) ran fine . Olympic 124gr ran fine , also Hotshot 124gr was fine and even some old handloads 115 gn lead RN which shot fine . The only issuses were with Wolf and American Eagle (Federal) 147grians . SO Im a happy camper . Toward the end the last 3-4 rds in mag were a bugger to pull the trigger . It is the old heavier trigger spring not the new light one . My finger was tired and thumbs sore from loading the dang mag about a billion times . New mags at KelTec $20

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:20:39 AM EDT
sounds good- if you haven't done so already you need to put the hogue "handall junior" grip sleeve on there. mine has functioned flawlessly- it's my carry gun most of the time. black hills 124 grain +P.
Top Top