Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2005 6:05:39 PM EDT
I'm trying to decide on a good carry handgun for my wife. I know she should get something that she's comfortable with... I was going to get her a Glock 26 but I'm having second thoughts.

Anyway, I'm thinking of getting her a 9mm Kahr, specifically an MK.

Here are the questions:

What is the difference of between the MK9093 and the MK9093 "box". I know the slide is black but is that it? It's $250 cheaper.

What are your overall opinions of Kahrs and what would be the best model for a really small CCW gun.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:14:38 PM EDT
[#1]
One question - why not the G26?  My GF loves hers.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:16:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought a Kahr P-40 for my wife.  It's so much easier to carry than a .357 but still has a LOT of firepower.  It snaps a little with the recoil but still shoots great and is pretty easy to control.  If recoil is a concern go for the 9MM.  The only problem with this gun is that I end up carrying it all of the time instead of my Glock 29.  The Kahr is not as powerful but fits in my jeans pocket real well where the Glock has to be holstered.  Great guns.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:21:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Good question without a good answer.

I am a Glock fan and carried a G27 myself. I'm not opposed to the G26 at all, but I'm just having last minute second thoughts. She would like something a little smaller and stay with a 9mm. I guess part of me wants to buy something other than another glock.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:27:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I carry a Kahr P9, it is the easiest carrying gun I have ever carried. I used to carry a 1911 but usually pick up the Kahr on my way out the door now.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:22:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:39:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Kahr makes a fine weapon, my wife has a P40. I would suggest a normal sized Kahr Like the P9, I think your wife will find it easyer to shoot than the smaller Kahrs.

+1.....The MK's are too small for comfortable shooting/practice.  My wife loves her P9.  I've had people try to return the MK's (especially in .40) because of recoil and they can't hang on to it.  It's really meant to be a deep cover gun.  I sell alot to leo's with ankle holsters.

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:25:31 AM EDT
[#7]
I have two questions:

1) What is the MK "box"
2) How does the P9 compare in size to a G36

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:45:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Kahr makes a fine gun.  I traded a Glock 26 and a few mags for new PM9 back in May and haven't regreted it.   The MK will be a little heavier.  Problems were reported with the PM early on but I think those have been worked out.  I have a little over 600 rounds without a jam.  Digests ball, Cor-bons, Silvertips,Gold dots, Hydrashocks, and Golden Sabres fine.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 11:38:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:14:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Well, I called the factory today. First I spoke to a female in customer service who sounded like she didn't have much of a clue. Then I spoke to a guy in customer service who was very knowledgeable.

For what it's worth, the "box" model has a slide made out of 4140 steel which he said is much cheaper to manufacture and finish. $250, wow.

Anyway, I ordered a Glock 26. What can I say; mine have gone through thousands of rounds without a hiccup or any signs of rust.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top