Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2006 6:46:42 PM EDT
I have been wanting a P9 for some time now, but haven't had the cash.  Now that I have a new job, it looks like I will be able to get the Kahr by the end of the year.  I was browsing the Kahr website and I saw that they have an economy model of the P9 (MSRP $697) called the CW(MSRP $533).  I was just wanting to know if anyone has handled or shot the CW and the P9, and if the CW was a good value or if I should just save up longer and get the P9.

Kahr webpage
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:55:26 PM EDT
[#1]
The CW is a "budget" gun with plastic sights, and and some cosmetic changes to lower price.

You only get one magazine, and you can't add better sights.

If you don't care about anything but price, the CW is just as reliable and shootable as the more expensive guns.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:36:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:34:29 PM EDT
[#3]
CW9 is $339 and is a great gun
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:49:06 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a CW9.  Nice gun, shoots well, not bad recoil.  The barrel uses regular rifling, not polyginal and the MIM parts are the biggest negatives to me..  I like the slightly higher velocity and easier cleaning of the poly barrels, and even though I know that it won't make any difference, the machined parts are just a bit stronger.
Only the front sight is plastic, the rear is still metal.
If you really want the P9, save up a bit longer for it.  I settled for the CW9 because it's not my primary carry gun.  Just for the times when I can't carry my fullsize USP .45.  Basically it's replacing my Detective Special as a pocket or shorts and light t-shirt gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top