Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Posted: 11/21/2003 9:27:44 AM EDT
Just bought my first Kahr, traded my Glock 23 for it for Concealed Carry.  Mine has a Meprolight front sight (mh5) and a standard Kahr bar rear sight.  I was wondering if this was a common set up or not.  I know you can get them with Big Dot set, but this one is not big dot.  Will this affect accuracy?
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 10:06:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Are they all night sights?

I have meps on mine, without the big dot front, just a standard night sight.

It shoots just fine. The big dot helps with getting on target faster, but the smaller front blade would help with accuracy.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 10:11:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Nope, just the front sight is a night sight.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 12:26:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't think that was a factory option.
Did you buy it new?

If not, someone changed the front sight.

You should get better accuracy with the small front post. The big dot covers too much of the target for tight target shooting, its more for getting on target faster.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 12:30:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep, new in the box, that is why i am questioning it.  It is almost like they started to put the 3dot night sight set on at the factory and forgot half way through the process.  I am not disapointed in the least, that was going to be the first thing i did was to put night sights on it.  The shop i bought it at did not know it was a night sight because they had one with 3 dot for about 150 more than mine, so i didnt say anything.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 12:49:21 PM EDT
[#5]
NIB?

Shit, I would call Kahr, maybe they would put the rear set in for nothing.

Its worth a phone call.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 1:03:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I think I might just do that.  I just dont want to be with out the little thing for too long, I get the shakes.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 5:43:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Just have to ask... Any word from Kahr? Mine came with night sights all round.

Mine follows me everywhere I go.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 8:18:15 AM EDT
[#8]
HAVENT CALLED KAHR YET, WAITING UNTIL AFTER THE HOLIDAYS.  I WILL BE PUTTING AROUND 500 TO 1000 ROUNDS THROUGH IT, SO IF THERE ARE ANY OTHER PROBLEMS (I DONT EXPECT ANY) I CAN MAKE ONLY ONE PHONE CALL AND GET IT ALL TAKEN CARE OF AT ONCE.
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top