Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Page Handguns » Kahr
Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2011 3:53:41 AM EST
I made the mistake of ordering a replacement mag from Midway for my CW45, the only mag they have listed was the K725G. I thought, based on the pic, that the extended finger rest on the bottom of the magazine would fit flush with my grip. Nope, there's about an inch of exposed mag between the bottom of the grip and the top of the floor plate. But it looks like it will function and having a 7 round clip for range use is good so I'm going to try to find something to fill the gap, like getting another extended finger rest and cutting out the bottom to extend my existing finger rest. But I can't find a source for this OEM extended finger rest and there aren't any aftermarket solutions I can find. Any ideas? I read that Wilson Combat 1911 mags will fit in Kahr .45s, anyone tried this with a CW45?
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 3:08:13 PM EST
I just looked at Midways site and saw the K725g was out of stock is it posssible you got the K725(which is currently in stock)?
Do you have a picture of it installed in the CW45?
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 10:52:20 AM EST
it's definitely the G version, the factory packaging was marked K725G for a Kahr TP45 and it matches the pic on their website. The K725 mag has a flat floor plate, the G version has a floor plate that comes up about an inch above the bottom of the magazine, but there's a gap of about an inch between the top of the floor plate and the bottom of the grip where the stainless side of the magazine is exposed. It should work, but I assumed that since it was listed as fitting a CW45 that the bottom floor plate would at least fit flush with the grips. You certainly wouldn't want to carry one in a holster, it's like holding a full size Glock with a 33 round magazine sticking out of the bottom. This is the only magazine that Midway lists for a Kahr CW45, I just didn't want anyone else to order one thinking they were getting the same factory 5+1 mag as what Kahr provides with a new CW45.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 1:16:12 PM EST
The CW-45 is 6+1 and the TP45 is 7+1 that is why I don't understand what is going on here.
If you had a 7 round tp45 with the extended base it should fit flush.
Are you able to post a picture?

Midway lists 3 magazines that fit the CW45

http://www.midwayusa.com/Find?userSearchQuery=kahr+cw45+magazine

This is from Kahr

http://www.kahr.com/kahr-mag-guide.asp#45acpmag
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 4:23:21 AM EST
The Midway p/n 875617 looks like what I actually needed, when I originally ordered it I looked at every Kahr mag they had listed, the K75 & K75G were the only two that came up. When I first got it I didn't even remove it from the packaging, I just returned it explaining both in an email and on the return form that I had a CW45 and that the mag was too long and packaged as being for a TP45, they just sent me another of the same type mag. Nowhere on Midway's site do they refer to the manufacturer's p/n, only their own. I was my fault for ordering the wrong mag but when I returned it and explained in detail that i had a CW45 and wanted an original factory flush fitting magazine kahr p/n K625 they just reshipped the same incorrect magazine. I should have just sent it back for a refund but i decided to take it to the range yesterday & try it out. What an epic fail, it jammed every other round, probably due to it sticking so far out and the recoil bumping up against my pinky finger. I've never had any jamming issues with the mags that it came with, or the ammo I was using. I've always gotten good service from Midway and never minded not getting the cheapest price on the 'net but after this I may stop ordering from them.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 4:26:33 AM EST
BTW I had a pic of the K725G mag in my CW45, tried posting it in this thread but couldn't upload it to the board, only allowed me to link a URL but I don't ahve a site to host it...
Page Handguns » Kahr
Top Top