Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2005 5:53:37 AM EDT
I bought my second Sig a month or two ago.
It is a 220 and the dealer said it was "k koted", maybe I am not looking in the right places but haven't found much info on this finish. Can someone enlighten me?
I have a 226 that Im guessing is basic "blue". Every time it gets sneezed on it developed surface rust fairly quickly. I am trying to find the best refinishes/finish to have it done.
Not into bling-bling types. I want something basic black or such.
220 is my primary duty / 226 used occasionally for work.
Thanks in advance for any and all help.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 2:44:33 PM EDT
[#1]
It's basically just a plastic type finish over park.  It seals up the park to prevent rust.  I have a 225 with that finish.  SIGs park is really thin and rusts VERY easily.  New slides are made in the US and are stainless, most are blackened with a finish called Nitron.  You can send that slide back to SIG for refinishing with Nitron.  I think they charge about $65 for the slide.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 7:29:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, doesnt sound bad.
Ill look into that
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top