Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/7/2003 2:43:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/7/2003 2:44:16 PM EDT by naloxone]
According to Kel-tec, it's something like 0.2oz heavier, 0.02" wider (.75" vs .77") and 0.1" (5.1" vs 5.2") longer than the P32, but in the hand or pocket, i really don't notice a difference. To the eye, it does seem a little wider.

The beefy extractor is machined instead of stamped, and slides out when the slide is removed. Easy replacement i guess? Haven't heard that they expect them to break. While Kel-tecs are all rough around the edges, this particular .380 is probably the best finished i've seen. Lock up is TIGHT.

Minor complaint, the outer recoil spring does not fit into the recoil spring catch. (Only the guide rod and the inner spring do.) So reassembly takes a little coordination to keep things in place, but isn't difficult. Don't see any reason why the spring catch couldn't be made wider to accomodate both springs though.

Recoil was stiff but managable with 90gr Hydrashok, i only put 6 rounds though it. Will have a real range report in a few days. Initial impression is favorable, hit a beer can from 20ft just fine with all 6. Would expect tight grouping double and triple taps at 7-15ft to be easily managable with a little practice hanging onto that tiny grip.

Link Posted: 8/8/2003 7:33:27 AM EDT
Thanks for the info naloxone, I can't wait to get one myself.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 2:41:32 PM EDT

Great report. My academy class is getting ready to do a group buy on these or P-32s.

I can't wait to get mine.

Link Posted: 8/9/2003 2:49:29 PM EDT
What are they selling for? Did you order it or find it in stock? How long did you wait if you ordered it?
Top Top