Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/4/2003 9:18:43 PM EDT
I just picked up a colt python, and it has holster wear on the barrel and cylinders, is this somthing i can fix my self? what method and brand of bluing do you reccommend? also how much does a shop cost to do this roughly? also the gun has a serial # around 50000 would reblueing it change it's value for good or bad? thanks
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 12:46:34 AM EDT
[#1]
NYC,

There isn't really any cold blue on the market that would match up with the Colt blue. You'd be better off just leaving it as is. Value when you reblue always goes down as well
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 7:10:33 AM EDT
[#2]
That Python shows honest wear, any attempt to cold blue it would be futile at best.
If you want it nicely blued and are not worried about resale value there are several places to send it, maybe even Colt.
I can live with honest wear as opposed to abuse and neglect, like rust, dings and gouges.
Another great gun, I hope you enjoy it.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 10:17:24 AM EDT
[#3]
if you absolutely have to redo it, use blue wonder. it is the best do it yourself blue anywhere. PERIOD

www.bluewonder.us/BlueWonderGunBlue.html
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 6:58:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Use it as is and if or when you just HAVE to have it redone, send it back to Colt, and keep all correspondence / receipts, etc. This will keep the value much higher...even if you can find a 'smith who will do as well or better than the factory would.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top