Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2005 7:46:31 AM EDT
Hello all, I received my Ghost 3.5Lb connector today from Lone Wolf Distributors, and I just finished the installation. Upon doing a dry fire function test, should I notice a night and day difference on my trigger pull?  It almost feels the same as the stock connector.   Is this normal?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 8:12:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I felt the same so I switched back/forth. Eventually I found the difference to be SUBTLE but right at the last 1/8" of travel where the cruciform breaks from the striker tab. The 5 lb stock connector gives a vague "click" while the 3.5 lb connector gives a faster break.

I only paid $12 shipped for my Ghost standard 3.5# connector (NOT to be confused with the Rocket, Tactical, Ranger) so I'm keeping it installed.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:27:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I have new stock Glocks with great trigger pulls, and some with horrible triggers. I have run into similar situations where installing a 3.5# connector hasn't made a dramatic improvement. In situations like this, I have resorted to some light polishing (.025 trigger job), and/or swapping the connector.  Also, make sure you put a drop of lube on the end of the trigger bar where it meets the connector.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:38:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I just did the 25 cent trigger job on my Glock 17. I can feel a significant difference in the resistance of the slide when you manually rack it (it glides now).

However, I put the 5# connector back and I think I will keep it this way. The 3.5# connector reduces the force needed for a clean striker release, however I find that it's too "predictable" and I'm anticipating when the striker will be released. With the 5# connector, the extra effort makes it kind of vague so I'm surprised when it releases the striker. I heard this is more favorable with the Glocks. I will try it at the range with the stock connector and the polishing job.

I took out the Ghost 3.5# standard connector because there was a manufacturing defect. There's slightly more material that allows it to contact the mechanism housing when it bends in during slide movement.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:24:50 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't do the 25 cent trigger job on my guns.  I find the 5000 round trigger job works the same.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 2:05:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I don't do the 25 cent trigger job on my guns.  I find the 5000 round trigger job works the same.

5000 rd at $0.10/rd = $500
$500 >>>> $0.25
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top