Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 6/22/2008 2:34:57 PM EST
My father just gave me a NIB M9 as a graduation gift! I'm so excited to go shooting!

The store had both an 92fs and an M9 both priced at $525. I got the M9 because I remembered reading something on here that said the M9's were more in demand and generally more expensive then the 92.

did I make the right decision? was it a good price?
Link Posted: 6/22/2008 3:59:40 PM EST
apgamer, congratulations on your Beretta M-9. That is a nice graduation gift and I suspect you will be happy the Beretta. As far as price, $525 for a new M-9 seems to be a decent deal. Just clean it, lube it and have fun.
Link Posted: 6/22/2008 4:15:24 PM EST
My first handgun was a Beretta also - you will not be disappointed with the M9. That's also pretty good price for a new gun from a retailer. Right choice is a matter of opinion ... If you mean the right choice between Beretta and any other handgun, you made the best decision IMO.
Link Posted: 6/22/2008 4:23:20 PM EST
Congratulation's APGamer. You did good. I prefer my M9 to my 92FS. It feels better in the grip to me and I prefer the slimmer look for the dustcover.
They "should" be the same price though from a dealer as there cost and list are the same for a basic M9 in the cardboard box with the service branch emblems on it to a 92FS.

Don't think the 92FS is shotty though.
Link Posted: 6/22/2008 7:22:11 PM EST

Originally Posted By rparrish:
apgamer, congratulations on your Beretta M-9. That is a nice graduation gift and I suspect you will be happy the Beretta. As far as price, $525 for a new M-9 seems to be a decent deal. Just clean it, lube it and have fun.

Forgot to mention this: it would also be a good idea to check out the videos on disassembly and assembly from TexasGuy at the top of the Beretta forum. He does a good job showing the basics of take-down and reassembly. Have fun out at the range!
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:32:04 PM EST
My first was a inox vertec 96 (i have blocked the Taurus snub from my memory)
you will be very happy.

Stop thinking start shooting.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:16:04 PM EST
my 'first' handgun was an issued M9. the day i left the .mil i bought my actual first handgun a 92fs. you wouldn't have goen wrong with either, your gonna love it!
Link Posted: 7/24/2008 3:56:10 PM EST

Originally Posted By apgamer:

did I make the right decision? was it a good price?

The "right" gun is a subjective decision, IMO. Personally, *I* would've opted for the 92FS; and have, twice.

Once one buys a gun, it's way past time to ponder right/wrong/good/bad, IMO. Once one buys a gun, it's time to ponder: where can I get more mags/ammo?
Link Posted: 7/24/2008 4:14:02 PM EST
well, 500 rounds through it so far and not a single problem.
Link Posted: 8/7/2008 7:32:17 AM EST

Originally Posted By rparrish:

That part sounds like a father son talk for sure!

I have an M9 and I am completely satisfied with the handgun. Just remember one thing, rarity is usually because the guy who owns the shop only ordered 5 of one gun and 20 of the other.
Link Posted: 8/12/2008 7:19:33 PM EST
Your dad is A-OK in my book!
Top Top