Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2012 4:01:23 PM EDT
Found a deal on another forum! I got an '82 Bulgy with a fobus holster, 2 mags and 650 rnds of silver bear hollow point for..................................$225! I think I did pretty good!!!
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:46:51 PM EDT
I would not think twice about pulling my wallet out on a deal like that, nice score.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 1:18:34 PM EDT
Great deal! The ammo alone has to be worth $150.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 1:22:44 PM EDT

You will LOVE that little gun!

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:32:48 PM EDT
how are Mak's for ccw purposes?

I am looking for something smaller than a g19
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:17:16 PM EDT
wow that is definately a steal, i paid 250 for just my bulgy mak alone. Its definately my favorite pistol and i plan on getting a couple more.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:27:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/5/2012 6:33:41 PM EDT by ishoot2live]
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:

I carried mine for many years as a BUG, and sometimes as a Primary.

It carries well, it is reliable, and VERY accurate. I think if you get one you will be very surprised/pleased.

I haven't carried mine in sometime though, since I got my Sig P232SL.

If you do seriously consider getting one I would look at a Russian, a Bulgarian, or an East German one. The Bulgarian and East German ones seem to have a better finish and are more refined with fixed rear sights, and most of the Russians have adjustable sights.

You can't go wrong with any of them.

Hope this helps.

ETA: One more thing: I found that the weakest part on the Maks is the Decocker/Safety Lever. If you get one, order that part online and keep it handy. The nipple that holds the Decocker/Safety Lever (which also holds the Firing Pin in place) in the slide is known to shear off.

Other than that. G2G.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:46:36 AM EDT
They conceal well. Slim, comfortable grip, adequate capacity, minimum defense caliber, poor sights, absolute shit trigger.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:32:16 AM EDT
Originally Posted By ishoot2live:

It carries well, it is reliable, and VERY accurate. I think if you get one you will be very surprised/pleased.

If you do seriously consider getting one I would look at a Russian, a Bulgarian, or an East German one. The Bulgarian and East German ones seem to have a better finish and are more refined with fixed rear sights, and most of the Russians have adjustable sights.

Hope this helps.

ETA: One more thing: I found that the weakest part on the Maks is the Decocker/Safety Lever. If you get one, order that part online and keep it handy. The nipple that holds the Decocker/Safety Lever (which also holds the Firing Pin in place) in the slide is known to shear off.

Other than that. G2G.

I "stole" one for $100.00 because of that very reason. $32.00 later (including shipping) the problem was solved. I love it.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:02:37 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Fugitive:
Originally Posted By ishoot2live:

Hope this helps.

Other than that. G2G.

I "stole" one for $100.00 because of that very reason. $32.00 later (including shipping) the problem was solved. I love it.

I think I paid $65.00 for my Russian Mak from a gun shop in the early 90's. They had hundreds and hundreds of them. It came with a leather flap holster, 2 mags, cleaning rod, sight adjustment/grip removal tool, box, and papers.

The gun shop also had green 50 round boxes of Norinco 9x18 for $2.99!

I should have bought 20 Maks and 10,000 rounds of ammo.

Oh how I miss the good ol' days.

Top Top