Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/26/2003 7:51:10 PM EDT
I've heard many good things about TJ's Custom Guns, and have wanted to send my beloved 228 off to him for a tuning.  For those of you who have never heard of TJ, he suppsed to be the very best Sig gunsmith in the country.  He's also a bit controversial too, as he is know to be arrogant, and unreasonably expensive.  But, I guess when you're the best, you can be however you want to be.  I finally broke down, and decided to have him do his Level 1 accurizing job, along with a few other things.  I just got it back and WOW!  He does do amazing work!  The trigger pull has been dropped to 3.5 pounds, and is crisper than crisp.  His stainless trigger is smooth, and makes the gun a joy to shoot.  And, obviously, the jewelled barrel and marble-anodized frame lets onlookers know it's a special gun.  Check out the pictures!!  Now I realize the folks that bitch about him probably just can't afford his work.  Comments/questions welcome.

Link Posted: 5/1/2003 7:17:01 AM EDT
[#1]
hideous.
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 5:12:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Dude,
  I've heard he claims to be a Sig expert and that he backs it up with the work he does on the Sigs. But that you paid for that paint job. WHAT WERE YOU THINKIN?? To each his own.

Cazio
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 5:02:18 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Now I realize the folks that bitch about him probably just can't afford his work.  

Nope.  People bitch about him because he's an arrogant, piece of shit, rude, asshole.  Most people just aren't willing to give their hard earned cash to a fuckstick.

Now TJ in Texas is a completely different story.  He does excellent SIG work and is a class act to boot.  He will always get my money over that prick in Kalifornistan.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 9:31:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Having built and owned many paintball guns cosmeticly done up in such a manner I can respect the anodizing job.  I would not do it to my Sig, but have a little respect for others idea of art.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 9:40:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Now I realize the folks that bitch about him probably just can't afford his work.  

Now TJ in Texas is a completely different story.  He does excellent SIG work and is a class act to boot.  He will always get my money over that prick in Kalifornistan.

you talking about Teddy Jacobsen ??

if so he is a 1st lass guy who does 1st class work on handguns & isn't too expensive
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 9:53:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Please tell us that it matches the finish of your "purple" Bushmaster, and it was easier to refinish the Sig to match the Bushmaster than the other way around. PLEASE
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 2:00:58 AM EDT
[#7]
TJ's Custom Guns is different than Teddy Jacobson's business Actions by T.

Dude, you got purple stuff on your SIG
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 4:19:33 AM EDT
[#8]
KInda reminds me of the story where the city slicker from "up North" got lost and was driving down a dirt road in the deep South trying to find his way back to the  four-lane. He spotted a young boy walking on the side of the road with a shotgun and a dead possum over his shoulder.

City slicker stops and asks directions, then asks the boy WTF that is he is carrying...boy replies "This here is my shotgun and this is a possum". Guy says "Possum? That's the ugliest thing I ever saw. What'er ya gonna do with him?" Boy says "I'm gonna cook and eat him." Guy says "Damn...I'd sooner eat shit than that thing!" Boy says "Well bossman, everybody to his own tastes, I guess!" :-)
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:58:30 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

if so he is a 1st lass guy who does 1st class work on handguns & isn't too expensive

Yes, I was referring to Teddy Jacobsen.  As stated above, he is a class act who I will gladly hand my hard-earned cash to, unlike that rude pogue in Kali.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 10:50:51 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, I was referring to Teddy Jacobsen.  As stated above, he is a class act who I will gladly hand my hard-earned cash to, unlike that rude pogue in Kali.

yeah, I've had Teddy work on a few of my handguns
my very first "real" handgun back in '92 was a stainless Colt combat commander, he worked his magic on it, still one of my favorites
 what he can do with SIG's & Beretta's is impressive, nice smoooth double action triggers

www.actionsbyt.com

sorry to hi-jack the thread
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 4:06:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Unique, unusual and personalized for sure!
If it's tricked inside, why not the outside too?
The main thing is, YOU are happy with it.
My 228? I just bought factory grip screws, to get it back to it's original 1994 condition...I am happy with that. For now, at least.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 5:20:20 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Unique, unusual and personalized for sure!
If it's tricked inside, why not the outside too?
The main thing is, YOU are happy with it.
My 228? I just bought factory grip screws, to get it back to it's original 1994 condition...I am happy with that. For now, at least.

I need factory grip screws and one trigger screw also.
Where did you find them? Factory or?
TIA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top