Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 4/10/2002 2:38:40 PM EDT
wondering if it was ok to shoot +p+ ammo with it. Also, any tips would be much apreciated. Pros/contras, everything.
Thanks in advanced.
HUNTER FROM ARGENTINA
OUT.
CHECK THE BROWNING FORUM
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 5:04:47 PM EDT

Originally Posted By HUNTER223:
wondering if it was ok to shoot +p+ ammo with it. Also, any tips would be much apreciated. Pros/contras, everything.
Thanks in advanced.
HUNTER FROM ARGENTINA
OUT.
CHECK THE BROWNING FORUM

Hey Hunter. Love my FM

I don't think there's anything to worry about with +P or +P+ ammo in a modern 226. I wouldn't use +P or +P+ as a steady diet in any gun. But for a defense round I use Gold Dots and CorBon all the time.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 5:07:47 PM EDT
I shoot them in mine from time to time, but I also wouldn't shoot them all the time.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 2:29:41 PM EDT

Originally Posted By sig_230:

Originally Posted By HUNTER223:
Thanks in advanced.
HUNTER FROM ARGENTINA
OUT.
CHECK THE BROWNING FORUM

Hey Hunter. Love my FM

I don't think there's anything to worry about with +P or +P+ ammo in a modern 226. I wouldn't use +P or +P+ as a steady diet in any gun. But for a defense round I use Gold Dots and CorBon all the time.

Yeah.......FMs (fabricaciones Militares) are very good pistols, cheap, accurate, reliable, good looking etc, i own one and have never had a problem with it , LOVE IT TOO.
thanks for the replies guys.
HUNTER FROM ARGENTINA
OUT.

CHECK THE BROWNING FORUM
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 6:08:07 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 3:31:51 PM EDT

Originally Posted By CockedandLocked:
The +P rounds are not a problem, shoot em and dont look back. For the +P+ rounds, the barrel length is not enough to benifit from the use of the +P+ rounds. an occasional use of +P+ wont hurt the weapon but at the same time wont give any REAL advantage over the +P.

Interesting theory.......Thanks CL.
HUNTER FROM ARGENTINA
OUT.
CHECK THE BROWNING FORUM
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 4:11:03 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 1:50:08 AM EDT

Originally Posted By RotDorn:
I read on the Sig site under FAQs and it said not problem with +P ammo.

I don't know if you are aware or not but but if the Sig eats a round that it dosen't like, it is designed to blow out one of the grip panels as a relief mech. A friend did this with a "double charge" a few years back, popped a new grip panel on it and it has run fine since.

i sure wouldn't like going thru that experience...but thanks for the tip anyways
HUNTER FROM ARGENTINA
OUT.
CHECK THE BROWNING FORUM
Top Top