Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2003 3:26:54 PM EDT
I took it to the range yesterday, ran about 100 rounds through it and it never missed a beat. Ran flawlessly. But, I have a few questions. There are a few accessories that I would like, but haven't been able to find them. One would be the 'short trigger'. Another is night sights. And, is there anyone that makes smaller (slimmer) grips? Anyplace I can order online through a retailer or do I have to go through SIGARMS? Thanks.

Johnathan
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 6:09:36 PM EDT
[#1]
My answer is

www.sigforum.com

Joe
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 10:10:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Congratulations on your purchase!!

I remember the first time I shot my first 229. By the second shot I knew this was "my" gun. I've got 3 of them now.
Never tried one with a short trigger though. I've always been happy with the stock one, but I'd like to try one sometime for the hell of it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 12:35:39 AM EDT
[#3]
If the place you bought it from is a stocking Sig seller, you should be able to get some Novak Trijicons on it without hassle.
(Aside from the fact you'll have to depart with a gun you just bought for awhile, always a tough thing to do when you're falling in love.)
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 5:32:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Just about every company out there makes night sights to fit the 229. Find the type that you like the best and either install them yourself or have them installed by your local gunsmith. Personally, I try to use the local gunsmith whenever possible simply because they have a hard enough time staying in business. Support them so that they are there when you need them.

Best bet for the short trigger is to send it back to SiGArms. Contact them first. Turn around has been very good lately.

I don't know of a source for slimmer grips. The factory ones are pretty thin as is. The Nils grips though do feel better, and I find that they give much better control when your hand is sweaty as well.

Link Posted: 9/20/2003 6:25:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I love my 229!  I had night sights on it but took thim off because I found that sight acwasishon was easier with factory.  Just me.

allso Have houge grips on mine and it makes all the diferance in the world.  Good luck.

still have not fownd the spelll checker?  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top