Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/20/2005 12:12:39 PM EDT
I just bought a brand new 686 Plus (7-shot) with 4" barrel.  I could have had a new 620, just about the same price, but they would have had to special order it for me.

I guess they are about the same, except for the semi vs. full under-lug.  Matter of taste?  I hemmed and hawed over it, looking at the two different pictures, trying to decide which one looked cooler.

Someone who has seen/handled/shot both, please tell me I made the right choice!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 3:42:59 PM EDT
[#1]
i have the 686 6", 6 shooter. I never really like the half lug, looks too skinny. and doesn't look very durable. The full lug seems to be beefier, hence look stronger. The recoil is manageable and very addictive out of this gun :)
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 3:52:35 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I just bought a brand new 686 Plus (7-shot) with 4" barrel.  I could have had a new 620, just about the same price, but they would have had to special order it for me.

I guess they are about the same, except for the semi vs. full under-lug.  Matter of taste?  I hemmed and hawed over it, looking at the two different pictures, trying to decide which one looked cooler.

Someone who has seen/handled/shot both, please tell me I made the right choice!

You made a great choice - congratualtions.

Now, how about a few pics?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:11:43 PM EDT
[#3]
+1 on the 686 over the 620.  You'll appreciate the extra weight of the lug up front as 586/686's are nice revolvers.  enjoy!

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:45:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, I won't have it for a few weeks (when the amendment finally goes through on my license) but here's a picture of it I found online.

My new revolver

Thanks for the replies, guys!
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 5:32:56 AM EDT
[#5]
I looked at one in 6 inch, and could have had it new for $350, but I just can't bring myself to swallow the 7 round cylinder and the lock. The lock, maybe, I could live with it like I do on my 629, but both, naaahh.

I'll bice my time on an original one coming up used.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:21:28 PM EDT
[#6]
You did good! The 686 is probibly the best .357 made today.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:18:46 PM EDT
[#7]
UPDATE:

Picked it up today.  SWEEET.  Didn't have time to shoot today though.  This week for sure.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:07:25 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm jealous.   I have a 586 w/full underlug.  Always wanted the SS.

Enjoy!  And post pix!!

Ed
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top