Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/2/2006 7:32:02 PM EDT
I received the first of my "Wishlist" order yesterday from Brownell's for my SA G.I. build.  The parts that I recieved: Ed Brown Barrel, recoil spring plug and thumb safety, Wilson Bullet Proof slide stop and extractor, and GI guid-rod from Gun Runners.  Let me just say that the Ed Brown barrel is AWESOME (nice high polished stainless).  Plus, it came with a bushing, link and pin.  It will need to be fitted, but the overall appearance inside and out is very impressive.  All of the other parts are very nice as well.  The barrel impressed me the most.  Just thought I'd share.

(I thought these two were cool)
-Chamber aspect
-Head on

I did not get any good pic's of the bushing but it is equal in quality and appearance.

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:28:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I can't wait to see the finished product.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:15:45 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted: Just thought I'd share.

Don't forget to "share" some photos.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:30:04 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I can't wait to see the finished product.

Niether can I Hobbs.  It's going to be a slow project due to me transfering to Rhode Island and being the 'Doc' on the boat.  Most of the parts are going to be Wilson with some from Ed Brown, S&A-magwell, Novak sights and possibly a Yo-Bo plunger tube.  Speaking of which, what do you think of the stock SA plung tube?  It's not loose, but my line of thinking is, since I'm spending the time/money why not make it "Uber" reliable.  What's your thought?  Once I have all the parts the gun will go to Wilson Combat for final fitting and finish.  I have about $250.00 more in parts to buy.
One last thing, what is needed when switching out the ILS system (I know it's been posted before but forgot)?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:31:23 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted: Just thought I'd share.

Don't forget to "share" some photos.

I'll take a couple of pic's tonight of the barrel and post them.  However, they won't do any justice.  The barrel is an awesome buy.  I will be sure to post pic's of the finished product w/range report of course.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:03:45 PM EDT
[#5]
bump/pics added.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:33:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I've used the YoBo plunger tube a couple times now.  I like it just fine.  However, if it's not loose, I just look to see that it's been properly staked, and if so, I don't worry about it.  I have a gun now that will get a silver soldered plunger tube, and it's a YoBo.  You can't blame a guy for wanting it bulletproof, but I hardly think it's necessary.  

As for ILS replacement, you need the following:  A new mainspring housing (like your S&A), a new mainspring, a new mainspring cap, and a mainspring cap pin.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:12:20 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I've used the YoBo plunger tube a couple times now.  I like it just fine.  However, if it's not loose, I just look to see that it's been properly staked, and if so, I don't worry about it.  I have a gun now that will get a silver soldered plunger tube, and it's a YoBo.  You can't blame a guy for wanting it bulletproof, but I hardly think it's necessary.  

As for ILS replacement, you need the following:  A new mainspring housing (like your S&A), a new mainspring, a new mainspring cap, and a mainspring cap pin.  

Cool that's what I thought.  Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top