Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/9/2003 9:50:55 PM EDT
Any body have any opinions on the Jpoint style sights mounted on a glock?
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 4:58:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Once you get used to open red dot sighting they are really nice and accurate.

I have used both the JPoint and the DocterSight http://docteropticsusa.com/ . THe Docter sight is IMHO constructed better.
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 9:59:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I went to the Dr. optics site, but I could only get a few of their links to work.  Does it adjust the dot's intensity based on the lighting?  Also, they had a law enforcement version that costs about twice as much as the standard.  What is the difference?
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 11:49:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes there is an intensity sensor that works well. I have compared the Docter optics red dot right next to the JPoint one and have found the dot more intense and clearer on the DocOptics one. As far as the LE version, I was told that it is even brighter than the regular. Apart from that the rep I spoke to said that there is not much difference. The site does not function correct but I gained most of my online ifo on them from going to 3rd party sites. Also, I think that from the front of the sight, the small emmitted light is less noticable on the DocOp one.
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 6:00:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm curious how the unit knows when to turn off?  Does it have a cover like the Jpoint that turns it off?  Also, would it be suitable for field or possibly even tactical applications, or just competition and target shooting?    
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top