Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/25/2005 6:41:56 PM EDT
After 5 years, 4 general gunsmiths, and endless frustation I have given up.  No one has been able to manufacture, replicate a trigger bar for a Romerwerke "Romer" .22 Kal semi auto pistol.  I'm thinking of putting it up for sale as a parts gun.  What a shame.  Apart from one repo grip the pistol with extra target Bbl. is almost exactly as it left the factory in between 1922 and 1924  Suhl Germany.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:57:27 AM EDT
[#1]
That's crazy.  Did the gunsmiths try and fail to make a part from scratch, or did they write it off as ungodly expensive?

Do you have the original broken part as a template?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:05:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:44:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Hell, I've got the broken trigger bar; albeit in three parts now.  I'm not sure what has been going on.  Maybe these guys we're just wearing thier gunsmith costumes; I don't know.  First guy said he couldn't fix it (he just tried silver soldering it).  Second person made a trigger bar for it, but it wasn't for my gun (I sent the gun back east and he sent the gun back still dissassembled, and stating that it may require some fitting).  Third guy had it for 2 years and only got to the point of "roughing out a part" and said it was still going to be a couple of months.  Forth guy said he could make that part no problem, but when I called him on it said he was now only doing custom sporting rifle work.  Beginning to think this must have been Goering's pistol and it's got bad ju ju.  Hell it looks innocent enough.    
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:00:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Is there any way you can post a photo of the part so we know what we're dealing with?  I'd be willing to take a crack at it, given it's not some uber-complex part.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:11:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Nhumrich does not have the parts?

my smith could fix it, but damned if I am not in th ewrong country, he has made parts for all kinds of firearms, both normal and weird
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:26:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Do you have a picture of the trigger? Is it similar to the bow on a 1911 trigger. A stamping maybe? If the part was originally manufactured in the '20s, then it can be made again today. Maybe you could find somebody to make it that manufactures things instead of a regular gunsmith.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:25:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Numrich does not have the part.  I will post a picture of the broken part this weekend.

Thanx for your help

BD1
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:37:35 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Numrich does not have the part.  I will post a picture of the broken part this weekend.

Thanx for your help

BD1

Any pics yet? You've got me curious.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:00:01 AM EDT
[#9]
www.emachineshop.com/

Download their software.

Design the part.

Send them the specs and they make it for you.

Pricey on the order of "prototype" machining at a local mill, if you've ever done that.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 1:04:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Sounds to me like you need to scrap the gun smiths and find a machineist thats a gun nut and I bet he could have it done in a weekend. A good can make that part for sure.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 1:44:58 AM EDT
[#11]
tag, just curious
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 2:42:12 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Third guy had it for 2 years and only got to the point of "roughing out a part" and said it was still going to be a couple of months.

WTF?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top