Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/29/2006 7:49:24 AM EDT
Could someone fill me in on the italian made berettas that are out now.  When did Beretta USA stop making them in Ackokee, MD.  I've been away from these for a number of years but I remember that the italian made 92s commanded a premium.  You can have them for $485 now.  You can even get them with pre-threaded scilencer barrels for $599 on the boards.  The only thing disappointing about these current production guns is that they are stamped with the Acc, Md and "safety warning".

TIA

Dave

Link Posted: 10/29/2006 3:35:48 PM EDT
[#1]
i wasnt under the impression that they quit making them in MD     i beleive  that they are quitting to make them though and phasing in the 90-Two.      
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 3:50:00 PM EDT
[#2]
BUSA hasn't stopped making them.  They're certainly making M9's for the miltary.

It could be BUSA is just tied up making the M9s and is bringing Italian guns in to take up the slack in the civillian market.  It could also be that the Italian factory made too many 92FS's, and it's easier to sell them in the USA than in Italy, where you can't own a military caliber gun.

The "Acc,Md" is required by law, as technically BUSA is the importer and the importer has to stamp that on the gun and it has to be visible.  The "warning" B.S. sucks as well, but lawyers will win out on that one.

I personally haven't found any quality difference between BUSA and Italian guns of recent make.

I haven't seen the Italian guns you mention, but there's several good reasons they might be doing this, and BUSA certainly hasn't quit making the 92FS.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:32:14 AM EDT
[#3]
does anybody know where i could find an Italian made Brigadier INOX    either 92 or 96       i just want an italian one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top