Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2006 5:36:59 AM EDT
Title says it all.  If so where can I get them for a springfield?
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 5:40:47 AM EDT
[#1]
I do not believe these are made. To my knowledge, you can go with night sights or FO, but there is not a combo.
BTW...After attending some night IPSC shoots here in Houston last spring, I found my 1911 with green FO front sight really sucks in low light conditions. It is very hard to pick up.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 7:25:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, the gun I want to put these on will serve house duty but I would like to shoot some IDPA/IPSC with it as well.

Trueglo sells them for kimbers but I have springfields.  I emailed them to see if they will sell me just the bars.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 10:42:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Truglo does make their Tritrium-Fiber-Optic (TFO) sights, and they are quite effective, but they are fixed configuration, not adjustable.

However, I think Truglo is somewhat hesitant about trying to make 1911 sights (other than Kimber) due to the wide array of sight cuts available.  

What kind of Springfield do you have?  If you have a Loaded with the Novak cut, there are some options for an adjustable tritium rear.  I'd probably go that route, and see if I could get a Kimber TFO front sight working.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top