Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2017 11:08:14 PM EDT
I read a few threads indicating that Glock recently released a new batch of the 17L.
After calling the local Glock dealer they were unaware and therefore no plans to order.
I am hoping there is some official press release about it unless I happened to misinterpret the threads.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 1:11:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Why do you need an official press release to buy one?  I don't think Glock does press releases for pretty much anything.  There was a run of 17Ls a few months ago.  I saw them in stores and they were available everywhere online.  Now it looks like they're mostly sold out already, but you might still be able to find one.  Good luck!
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 2:27:59 AM EDT
[#2]
My local shop got 2. One remains.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 5:52:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Pretty common knowledge that they were available.  I doubt you are going to find a "official" press release.

Seems like Buds had them in stock a few weeks ago.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 8:48:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why do you need an official press release to buy one?  I don't think Glock does press releases for pretty much anything.  There was a run of 17Ls a few months ago.  I saw them in stores and they were available everywhere online.  Now it looks like they're mostly sold out already, but you might still be able to find one.  Good luck!
View Quote

Since my local dealer doesnt know they were released i was hoping to provide a link so that he may order one.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 9:50:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Since my local dealer doesnt know they were released i was hoping to provide a link so that he may order one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are no different than anything else. He needs to call his distributors and see if any thin is available. If they did ship a batch and he didn't know about it he might be too small to have been notified.

My experience is that most of the time I'm better going straight to GunBroker and just be done with it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 12:57:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's not really how it works.  

In cases like this where you want something in short supply, my best advice to you would be to either find a shop that has one in stock and purchase it from them, or buy it online somewhere and have it transferred locally.  

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/616364945

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/615882602

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/615955473

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/615866587

There's a few more on GB.  You might want to jump on one before the supply dries up more and the asking prices climb.  Good luck!
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 6:54:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That's not really how it works.  

In cases like this where you want something in short supply, my best advice to you would be to either find a shop that has one in stock and purchase it from them, or buy it online somewhere and have it transferred locally.  

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/616364945

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/615882602

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/615955473

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/615866587

There's a few more on GB.  You might want to jump on one before the supply dries up more and the asking prices climb.  Good luck!
View Quote

Thanks for the links.
I checked the completed auction and figure with shipping and transfer fee its going to be about $700.
Granted I really want one but not sure I want to pay $200 more than expected to have one.
May just have to add this item to the list of firearms I want but may never get.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 9:22:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thanks for the links.
I checked the completed auction and figure with shipping and transfer fee its going to be about $700.
Granted I really want one but not sure I want to pay $200 more than expected to have one.
May just have to add this item to the list of firearms I want but may never get.
View Quote

You were never going to be able to get a new one for $500.  When the last batch came out they were selling for $600-650 online and if your local gun store got one I'm sure they'd have charged $650+.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 9:26:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You were never going to be able to get a new one for $500.  When the last batch came out they were selling for $600-650 online and if your local gun store got one I'm sure they'd have charged $650+.
View Quote

Its my understanding if its a blue label they are supposed to honor the GSSF price if you do have a coupon.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 10:17:47 PM EDT
[#10]
The last run that you see on the market were contract over runs. they were not released in the blue label program. If you see one for less than 6 bills jump on it. They will be around until a few of the larger inventories dry up. After that who knows until the next run will be produced. I can assure you the longslides are low priority items on the production schedules. Large government contracts always come first.

If you buy a 17L you will not be disappointed.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 12:13:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Its my understanding if its a blue label they are supposed to honor the GSSF price if you do have a coupon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't do much glock but know there aren't many 17Ls that come through as blue labels
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 5:26:05 PM EDT
[#12]
I had seen a bunch of 17L's pop up on gun broker at a reasonable price, decided to call my local shop that is also a blue label dealer. Told him I had seen some 17L's on gun broker and the pictures looked like the s/n had 7 digits meaning recent production, get me one. He called me back 10 minutes later and said all the 17L's are already allocated and he can't get any so if I wanted one I had to "go fish".
Went to bud's online, saw them in stock ordered it and immediately made a thread here so everyone that may want one would know. That was back in November.
It has a 7 digits s/n and reliably ejects btf so I know it is of recent manufacture lol.
The release before this in I think 2014 or so had included blue label 17L's. I don't know anything other than kieslers police supply had them on their clearance page until at least 7/2016. So I'm thinking that maybe it wasn't so much a hit with most normal blue label purchaser's.
As already said if you see one for 600-650 get it.
if you wanna wait out a blue label deal for one then it's probably gunna be a while, if they even do that again.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 6:25:04 PM EDT
[#13]
I stuck one on layaway last week for $625 locally. 7 digit S/N. They had two examples in stock and they are a relatively large shop.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 1:35:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Bought my new 17L two weeks ago for $568.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 9:21:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Bought my new 17L two weeks ago for $568.
View Quote

Ooooohhh, now if I found one for that price, I would use the GSSF coupon for something else.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 1:26:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doesn't the coupon say which guns you can use it for right on it? The 17L cost more than the normal guns and I think it cost more than the 34/35 too.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 2:14:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Doesn't the coupon say which guns you can use it for right on it? The 17L cost more than the normal guns and I think it cost more than the 34/35 too.
View Quote

The 17L with adjustable rear sights is $507 per GSSF price sheet which is the same price for the 34, 35 and 41.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 7:32:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The 17L with adjustable rear sights is $507 per GSSF price sheet which is the same price for the 34, 35 and 41.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a great price.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 6:04:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Went shooting today and it just so happens the guy sees my Glock and mentions he has a 17L he only shot twice and looking to sell.
Me : How much?
Him : $700
Me :
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 7:13:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Went shooting today and it just so happens the guy sees my Glock and mentions he has a 17L he only shot twice and looking to sell.
Me :
View Quote

Supply and demand. He could probably get pretty close to that.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 8:15:51 PM EDT
[#21]
The 17L's are more rare than any other Glock 9mm (except gen 1 G19's). There are a few left on Gunbroker for $600++.

I bought one for $590. All in (after shipping + FFL transfer) was $648.

There are NO 17L's in Blue Label. They were NOT released in Blue Label. There were only a few. Rocky Top Armory in Seymour, Tennessee has one left.

There are two others I know of on Gunbroker and their bidding starts $600+.

They are NOT plentiful. They are harder to get than 17C/19C's....

They do not come around often and command great resale if you sell it in good condition.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 9:07:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Me :
View Quote

There was a guy walking around at the deland gun show a few weeks ago selling an older gen3 17L. It had the fry pan finish in like new condition with the box and 2 mags. He was asking $750. I would have bought that back before i got one of the latest release and been fine with it especially with the fry pan finish.
I guess i dont understand how $100 or even less in some cases make some people turn their nose at limited availability/production firearms that they are actively seeking out.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 10:20:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

There was a guy walking around at the deland gun show a few weeks ago selling an older gen3 17L. It had the fry pan finish in like new condition with the box and 2 mags. He was asking $750. I would have bought that back before i got one of the latest release and been fine with it especially with the fry pan finish.
I guess i dont understand how $100 or even less in some cases make some people turn their nose at limited availability/production firearms that they are actively seeking out.
View Quote

Many people don't do basic research on prices and have no idea what an item costs and tend to over pay which is why you see a number of ads (even on this board) of people selling items at a price higher than what a new one costs.
I can immediately get a brand new one for under $650 out the door.....if I really wanted one.
Why pay $700 for a used one???
Its not that important to have one especially at $200 more than it should cost me. Too many other options out there to worry about it.
Since the 17L at a blue label price doesn't exist I will pass and looks like I will be getting the 34 instead and save $200.  Problem solved.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 1:59:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Many people don't do basic research on prices and have no idea what an item costs and tend to over pay which is why you see a number of ads (even on this board) of people selling items at a price higher than what a new one costs.
I can immediately get a brand new one for under $650 out the door.....if I really wanted one.
Its not that important to have one especially at $200 more than it should cost me. Too many other options out there to worry about it.
Since the 17L at a blue label price doesn't exist I will pass and looks like I will be getting the 34 instead and save $200.  Problem solved.
View Quote

I also own a G34. I like the 17L BETTER. Shoot both, then make up your mind.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 9:31:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I also own a G34. I like the 17L BETTER. Shoot both, then make up your mind.
View Quote

I wish I could but its hard to find the 17L much less both at the same location to try them side by side.
It has been a very educational week between this thread and my surfing on a Glock specific board.
Based on the summary of information the general consensus seems to be more favorable toward the G34 over the 17L and for the price difference it seems like the 34 wins out for me.
Now if I happen to come across a 17L before I pull the trigger for the 34 who know what may happen.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 10:24:08 AM EDT
[#26]
I got my 17l blue label about 2 years ago.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 10:25:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Call Lou's police supply in Miami and ask
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 11:53:58 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

The 17L has a longer barrel. The G34's are plentiful. The 17L is in the limited class because of it's barrel length. This is why Glock came out with G34.

Own both if you can.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 11:11:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The 17L's are more rare than any other Glock 9mm (except gen 1 G19's). There are a few left on Gunbroker for $600++.

I bought one for $590. All in (after shipping + FFL transfer) was $648.

There are NO 17L's in Blue Label. They were NOT released in Blue Label. There were only a few. Rocky Top Armory in Seymour, Tennessee has one left.

There are two others I know of on Gunbroker and their bidding starts $600+.

They are NOT plentiful. They are harder to get than 17C/19C's....

They do not come around often and command great resale if you sell it in good condition.
View Quote

I got a G17L Blue Label NIB in December with a XZP### serial number for the Blue Label pricing just FYI.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top