Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/14/2006 2:08:17 PM EDT
At almost twice the money, is the TRP really worth the extra money.I read plenty of threads from guys with the Loaded pistols who are very happy with them. Is the TRP really that much better?   Terry
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 2:38:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:37:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I own both. I bought mine gently used at a very good price off the Equipment Exchange. I doubt I would have bought one at full retail (largely because I am a cheap bastard).

Is it TWICE the gun of a loaded? Well, my loaded shoots great as well, so I'd say no. But it IS a very fine pistol. I use it as my primary shooter in a very competitive winter defensive pistol league, where it has done me very well.

The armory coat has stood up amazingly well to a lot of holster use and presentations, and I really like the magwell for fast mag changes and the 20LPI checkering-which is very aggressive. I've got maybe 2000 rounds through it now with only a few  FTF with some out-of-spec cast reloads. It is fitted tighter than my loaded and is maybe a bit more accurate.

My OD green loaded has had the poop shot out of it and is my primary range and training pistol. I absolutely love this gun, maybe more than the TRP. Stone-cold reliable with good ammo.

The loaded Springer with NSs is a "best buy" in the 1911 market, in my opinion, and the TRP is a step up, no doubt.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top