Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2002 7:47:55 AM EDT
Hi, Is it safe for my friend to shoot this fancy .357mag +p+ out of his Taurus .357? AKA< it's not gonna blow the gun apart, right?

Thanks,
Justin
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 9:04:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Whoa! You never stated which model, as they made several through the years from small to robust. Best thing would be to call the manufacturer with the model number. At least read the booklet that should have came with the weapon. Even if the gun dont blow, why beat it to death? I too, was a recoil junkie.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 9:14:24 AM EDT
[#2]
He He. . . yeah, I was hoping you wouldn't catch me on the no model number part:D. I can tell you it's black and has wood grips! I'll go find out what the model number is. . . .

Thanks,
Justin
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 11:54:46 AM EDT
[#3]
It's a mod. 66.

Thanks,
Justin
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 9:59:35 PM EDT
[#4]
The Taurus catalog I am looking at says...you can load your .357 to five or six power levels, ammo choices include .38 sp. mid range, standard .38 sp., .38 sp.+P, .38 sp.+P+, .357 medium velocity and the full charge .357 magnum. Not a word about +P or +P+ in .357. If you insist, call the factory, they MAY say otherwise.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top