Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2009 10:06:06 AM EDT
I've been considering an XD-45 for about a year now and was about to "pull the trigger."   But when they came out with the XDm in 9 and 40, and me being a sucker for "latest and greatest" this put me in a quandry.  Do I get the XD45 now, or possibly wait years for an XDm45?  If I wait for SA to develop an XDm45, I risk Obammie and his goons banning all hi-cap guns (again) and missing out on the XD45.  Decisions.. decisions.  

Link Posted: 8/5/2009 10:28:34 AM EDT
[#1]
meh, buy both....
or buy the XD and sell it when you get the XDM, but you'll prolly lose money...
Link Posted: 8/5/2009 12:49:01 PM EDT
[#2]
No, none that SA is making public at this time... at this years Shot Show,SA talked of plans to release the XDm 9 subcompact.... if they follow the XD script. The 45 caliber will be the last with an XDm45 subcompact left for very last............ see this thread. http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=34&t=75733&page=2
Link Posted: 8/9/2009 1:26:54 PM EDT
[#3]
In a June conversation a group of Springfielders repeated there is nothing even on the planning list for an XDm45.

The explanation given to me at SHOT really makes the prospect a loser, unless they just run out of other ideas to expand/improve their line......One of the big selling points of the XDm line is the expanded magazine capacity.  The gripframe was reduced whiile still raising capacity, and the adjustable backstraps were added.  When the XD45 was released, they already squeezed out all the extra space in order to get it where it is.  An XDm45 would likely end up with LESS capacity, even though it had the improved ergonomics, and would then be "more money for fewer rounds".  Coupled with the limited market for 45 ACP in the rest of the world, and it's tough for HS to direct their energies there, rather than on more 9mm size guns.
Link Posted: 8/11/2009 2:07:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I risk Obammie and his goons banning all hi-cap guns (again) and missing out on the XD45.

I highly doubt this is a risk.
Link Posted: 8/18/2009 2:38:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I own a Springfield 45XD and absolutely love it!  If I were you I would definitely pull the trigger and get one. After all how many rounds do you actually need above what the XD45 already has?  It is one sweet gun and is my all time favorite.  My backup is a Ruger SP101 Revolver 357.  Good luck and don't wait too long.... they may be illegal in another week.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2009 12:21:22 PM EDT
[#6]
A local dealer here talked to a factory rep who said there probably will never be a XD-45m simply because they can't take any more material out of the grip than they already have. which would make changeable backstraps not practical. basically the gun is already as small as it can get. of course I think a sinlge stack that took 1911 mags would be cool and a better seller than anyone thinks.
Link Posted: 8/23/2009 10:51:06 AM EDT
[#7]
I own an XD45 compact and love it...go buy one and end your dilemma...
Link Posted: 8/28/2009 6:32:59 PM EDT
[#8]
i've heard that one will be out in the next few years....
Link Posted: 9/3/2009 5:36:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Shit, you'll be lucky if they release a FDE XDm this year. At best down the road is they will adapt a newer generation XD 45 to have similar cosmetic features as the XDm. Aggressive grip and so on.

I got an OD Green XDm in 9mm and have been happy.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 5:16:29 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm waiting for 2 things...

I'd do a .45 even if it were still a 13+1 capacity.

I would also like a 4" barrel (slide even with the frame as it is now) and a slightly shorter grip... maybe 17+1 rounds in 9mm as a carry compact size... I love my XDm-9, but it is too big to be a good EDC.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 5:51:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Not the same trigger, but the FN in .45 has 15rd mags. That alone is what nudged me from the XD Tactical to the FNP.

My .o2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top