Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/3/2005 8:36:13 AM EDT
Also is the slide engraved or can the writing be taken off with mineral spirits?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:17:52 AM EDT

Originally Posted By afman91201:
Also is the slide engraved or can the writing be taken off with mineral spirits?

Ashamed of the taurus writing on there?

I think $360 is pretty fair.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:24:59 AM EDT
Not a bad price new or slightly used. Why stainless? Bling/show piece?

Should of got one of these. CZ-75
More
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 11:51:04 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Mattl:
Not a bad price new or slightly used. Why stainless? Bling/show piece?

Should of got one of these. CZ-75
More

I figure it would be a better corrosion resistant finish on a cheaper firearm and is only $10 more than the matte blue. I have heard that they're not too bad and I am looking between an old Beretta off summitgunbroker.com and a new Taurus off gunbroker.com

I don't mind is it says Taurus on there but I think it would look better engraved/rolled or not on there at all if it is just a stencil. A Beretta is a Beretta but the Tarus would be new.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:44:07 PM EDT
Get the Taurus! You will not regret it. $360 is an excellent price.

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:06:42 AM EDT
The marking is laser etched, so it's shallow, but it's definately permanent. It would require taking off metal to remove it. It's not going to rub off with any kind of solvent.

$360 NIB is a fair price. Resale on them is pretty low, so don't get into one for too much if you can help it.

They're decent guns.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 12:16:08 PM EDT
Just get the Beretta and be done with it.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:04:37 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ComputerGuy:

Heck, after 10 + years the only thing my 99 needed was a new rear site pin. It ate all sorts of garbage loads from corrosive stuff to hansen and +p and NATO stuff. You are just paying more for the Beretta name as Taurus was a old Beretta factory to begin with. I would be much more suspect with the old revolvers. As far as I know, Taurus never had the problems Beretta had with slide breakage and such.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:17:17 PM EDT
After seeing the Taurus website their warranty looks awsome. Lifetime, unlimited warrantee in everything except deliberate breakage. I also looked at one in a gunstore today and it looked a lot better than I remember them.

When Monday Tuesday rolls around and the seller relists the item I will buy one or the other. The Stainless would be $353 after aff fees and shipping and a black one would be $343 with all the fees.

They give away a free 1 year NRA membership with every pistol and a free mag to LE/GOV. These guys are coming up in the world.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:32:22 PM EDT
I think it is a good price.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:19:30 AM EDT
That is a good price on an excellent pistol. I purchased mine over 10 years ago. Blued Pt-99 for $330 NIB. I do like the blued over the brite finishes. Mine has held up very well to holster wear. It has had at least 1000 rounds through it. No parts breakage.

They are constructred on Beretta equipment, and from the grapevine, they used a higher quality steel in the slides which eliminated the problem Beretta had from the beginning. I don't know the amount of truth in this, but make for good reading.

I keep waiting on the rear sight to break (apparently happens alot) but mine is still going strong.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:38:41 AM EDT
Good price, I have a PT92 blued and it is good to go. Can't beat the warranty on it.

Max
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 12:50:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ComputerGuy:

ALOT better guns can be had than the Beretta 9mm out there.

My taurus is currently not functioning I think I may have taken it apart one too many times and not put something back in.. Just having hammer problems is all, still goes boom.

I have had the stainless PT92 for a while, no problems (other than me not knowing what I was doing putting it back together) It was accurate and reliable. It was my first 9mm pistol.

You'll like it. Mags are different from beretta mags keep that in mind.

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:23:03 PM EDT
Great gun, good price.

I have both Beretta and Taurus guns, and I favor the Taurus for their customer service. BUSA has gotten pretty bad lately, something to think about.

But, as stated, resale will SUCK on the Taurus so buy it and enjoy it, it's not a collectible.
Top Top