Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2006 3:23:10 PM EDT
....and am pleased to announce that all the parts were easy to install !  I was pleasantly surprised because I thought all along there was going to be some minor fitting like the little packages said.  I installed a Bulletproof extractor, Bulletproof firing pin stop, and a Bulletproof slidestop-all blue,  all 70 series on the bottom pistol in the picture (as if you didn't know which one the Operator is..). The parts fit nice and perfectly snug.  Shot 100 rounds and everything worked great!

I asked for Hobbs5624's (what a guy!) advice on which MIM part I should replace because it was giving me worries as far as reliability ( the pistol is my daily carry).  Thanks John!
    Kudos to Wilson Combat as well. Ordered evening of the 18th and got it afternoon of the 21st (today).  
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:08:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks good. Hobbs definitely knows his stuff. Charles.  
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:07:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Does the bulletproof extractor protrude from the rear of the slide a little?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:33:25 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Looks like his is like mine there.... The Bullet Proof extractor is not at fault. On my full size Loaded,  it does (and the stock one did too). On the Micro Compact, it doesn't  (neither did the stock one...).

Hey FNG, nice pair!

T Bone (Detroit).
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:42:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Good to hear.  I've been meaning to get a Wilson extractor for my SA 9109L.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 3:54:28 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Yes it does.  But so did the original. I am not worried about it. Someone on the 1911 forum mentioned that it was made that way so gunsmiths can shave off what they need to, to match the slide they are working on.  Better too much than not enough sticking out I imagine.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 3:55:38 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Looks like his is like mine there.... The Bullet Proof extractor is not at fault. On my full size Loaded,  it does (and the stock one did too). On the Micro Compact, it doesn't  (neither did the stock one...).

Hey FNG, nice pair!

T Bone (Detroit).

thanks T Bone.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top