Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/23/2005 8:44:57 AM EDT
Last week I got a Don Hume IWB holster for my Charter Arms .357 "Pug". Spent the weekend carrying it.

All I can say is-WOW!!- what a difference.  I have always had pancake style holsters for my semi-autos. I wanted a summer carry gun and bought a Charter Arms "Pug" in .357/.38. I wanted a holster that I could wear with shorts and mt 1/75 inch wide Don Hume belt.

I was told about a website www.gunnersalley.com and that they had great prices on Don Hume leather. I have bought Don Hume in the past, direct, but I hated the shipping costs.

I got a IWB holster, H715M, from them. Although the holster was not in stock and had to be shipped from Don Hume, I was only charged what Gunner's Alley charges for shipping, which is a flat $6.00 The holster + shipping came to $36.

I have worn it all weekend, including a 3 hour stint at a car dealership to buy a new car on Saturday. I worn is all day on Saturday, for about 12 hours and never once did it bother me.

I can now carry, with complete confidance, the Charter Arms "Pug" and the Don Hume IWB hoslter.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 9:14:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I notice that they specify a different holster for the S&W 442 and 642...which are the same guns, dimensionally.

Any idea why that is? I need a good easy-on, easy-off holster for the 442......
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 1:31:50 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I notice that they specify a different holster for the S&W 442 and 642...which are the same guns, dimensionally.

Any idea why that is? I need a good easy-on, easy-off holster for the 442......

If you are looking at the H715M holster- Gunner's Alley/Don Hume , and you are selecting the Hume weapon model option, I do not see them saying that you need a different holster. They just list all of the S&W models that the H715M is made for...

Did you try to call them? I know that they are there during the day...
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 1:35:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I've used Don Hume products before... good stuff.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 4:29:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I've used Don Hume products before... good stuff.

All of my stuff is Don Hume...
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 6:49:45 AM EDT
[#5]
I too highly recommend Don Hume Holsters. Best deal around on American made holsters!

You may want to get your self some leather lightning www.mitchrosen.com/product_line/miscellaneous/body_miscellaneous.html if you holster is to tight to draw from.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 7:23:54 AM EDT
[#6]
well, there went $38.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top