Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/8/2008 9:26:39 AM EDT
I've got a few inside the pant holsters that fit some of my handguns, but are they considered concealed even if your shirt is tucked in? I don't have my CCW yet, just wondering where the line is drawn on CC. If open carry means the entire pistol is exposed, or just a portion of it.
Link Posted: 7/8/2008 9:30:05 AM EDT
[#1]
No.

No portion of the firearm can be exposed.
Link Posted: 7/8/2008 9:34:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Ok, so as long as some portion of the firearm is exposed, it's considered open carry? Or are you saying that if any portion of the firearm is concealed, it's considered concealed?
Link Posted: 7/8/2008 9:58:48 AM EDT
[#3]
This depends on your state law. Here in AZ I wouldn't chance it without a CWP.
Link Posted: 7/8/2008 10:06:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Ok, I guess I could always call the Sheriff and ask him.
Link Posted: 7/8/2008 10:06:54 AM EDT
[#5]
You may want to post this in the hometown section of the forums.  50 states = 50 different answers.  You need to follow the State requirements.

Link Posted: 7/8/2008 10:08:34 AM EDT
[#6]
I know in florida that for it to be CCW, it must be COMPLETELY concealed.

Its OK if people can tell there's a gun there, as long as they cannot actually SEE it.
Link Posted: 7/8/2008 10:11:24 AM EDT
[#7]
I didn't notice the OP was in KY, my reply above was for my home State.

www.opencarry.org/ky.html
Link Posted: 7/8/2008 12:32:27 PM EDT
[#8]
The cop that gave the CHP class here in Louisiana said that just the butt of the pistol exposed, was *NOT* considered conceled. And open carry *IS* legal here. *BUT* he said you can count on getting harrassed for carrying that way, as opposed to having the entire gun exposed in a holster.

YMMV
a-bare
Link Posted: 7/9/2008 3:42:51 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Ok, I guess I could always call the Sheriff and ask him.

Just keep in mind that "I talked to a cop on the phone and he told me it was fine" won't hold up in court.  A letter from your state atty gen. would be nice insurance.
Link Posted: 7/9/2008 9:55:08 PM EDT
[#10]
You might want to ask in the KY home town forum. In AZ law it would be legal, as the law says that a portion of the holster or firearm worn on a belt must be visible.
Link Posted: 7/10/2008 12:27:44 PM EDT
[#11]
In MT the wording is concealed or partialy concealed.

I woulden't chance it unless you had a letter verifying it...
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 2:49:25 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
This depends on your state law. Here in AZ I wouldn't chance it without a CWP.

It's legal if it is a belt holster and any part of the gun is showing.
Link Posted: 7/14/2008 4:29:25 PM EDT
[#13]
height=8
Quoted:
I've got a few inside the pant holsters that fit some of my handguns, but are they considered concealed even if your shirt is tucked in? I don't have my CCW yet, just wondering where the line is drawn on CC. If open carry means the entire pistol is exposed, or just a portion of it.

Visible is not concealed...  ;-]
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 4:33:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Find the law for your state and read it for yourself, get help to understand it if have to. Law enforcement is often missinformed on the laws.

Generally, if a person can see your gun then it is not concealed.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:11:50 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I know in Florida that for it to be CCW, it must be COMPLETELY concealed.

Its OK if people can tell there's a gun there, as long as they cannot actually SEE it.

Same in Colorado
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top