Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2005 6:47:27 PM EDT
Due to the recent hurricane deciding to pound my part of Texas in the ass, I have aquried couple hundred hours in o.t. . Naturally, I plan to spend a better part of it on firearms, one of which will be a new 1911. I have narrowed it down to two models. Kimber Eclipse Target II or a Springfield Armory  Black Stainless™ PX9152L. Their virtually identical as far as options and looks, aside from the Springfield having amidextrous safety and it looks like it has an extended magwell.

Looking for input from owners of both models as to  real world pro's and con's. Price is about the same, but the Kimber is much easier to get as there is two Kimber master dealers in my area and my search for the Springfield thus far has been fruitless. So far everyone has said they can't get it. I would order from an online site, but would like deal face to face and give them my business rather than someone in some other part of the country.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 7:22:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Ordnance Outsellers Springfields

Scroll down to the bottom of the page. James is a great guy to do business with.

I don't have any experience with the 9152L, but I just bought a 9109L from James and I love it. I can't say enough good things about it. It shoots very accurately, but a bit low, so Springfield will have to take care of that. I understand they have an excellent warranty department, though.

I have heard from several that the Black Stainless shows lots of fingerprints, and scratches somewhat easily, but have no firsthand experience. I love the Parkerized version though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top