Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/21/2006 10:23:36 PM EDT
My G 23 was my first real self defense handgun and thought I was an ok shot until I bought a cz 75b with which I am a much better shot.  I tend to shoot high and left consistenly.  I dont think it is the sights but I think i just jerk the trigger or something when the trigger breaks. When I shoot while kneeling and using my left arm as a monopod it is a little better.  Standing shots are left and high.  Will a 3.5 lb trigger connector help with this.?  Im pretty spot on with the cz but cant work out the wrinkles with this glock.

Any suggestions or links to help me correct this problem would be much appreciated.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:06:14 AM EDT
[#1]
The 3.5 lb connector should help a little but your best investment might be a pack of snapcaps. Mix them among the live ammo in your mag and watch your sights everytime you pull the trigger. Put a penny on top of the slide and if it is a snap cap in the chamber, it should not fall down.
You have to watch the gun recoiling, it should not jump too much, so lock your wrists and apply a firm grip without lemonsqueezing the gun, i.e. applying pressure with the fingertips.

Dry firing also helps.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:30:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Shoot from the reset and PRACTICE.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top