Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Posted: 2/17/2006 5:59:44 AM EDT
Hello to the forum,

My MK9 arrived last week.  (I sold one of my Sigs to buy it), and I immediately ran just over 200 rounds of everything I had in the cabinet.

Am I impressed or what?  This little powerhouse never missed a beat.  No failures of any kind, and slide locked open at the end of every string.  Empties flew over my right shoulder without bouncing off my forehead like a couple of my semi's.  

What really sold me was the perceived recoil (flip), or lack of it I should say.  The slide axis appears to be lower, closer to the plane of my hand and arm, and the recoil was more of a straight back push than the expected flip.  A lot more comfortable to shoot than I expected.

A couple hundred more rounds from now, this little beast will be my carry gun.

I'm pleasantly surprised, and I'm happy with my new Kahr, and I'M SOLD!

Woody
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:51:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I've got a PM9 that I'm just as happy with.  Works great every time.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:49:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Cool! My MK9 had 1 FTF in the 1st 500 rounds.....not to bad. The very last shell does hit me in the fore head and it seems that this is common for Khars.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 2:37:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Hello.  I have the MK40 and I am also impressed.  I have passed serveral thousand rounds through it.  Have had it for almost a year and I carry it off duty.  Great weapon, easily concealable and easy to shoot.  Very happy with it.  Enjoy yours guys.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:20:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey "havin-fun",

I was tempted to by the 40 but was unsure how much fun it would be to shoot the larger round through the little gun.

Is the recoil uncomfortable for recreational shooting?

Just wondering,Woody
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 10:52:00 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Hey "havin-fun",

I was tempted to by the 40 but was unsure how much fun it would be to shoot the larger round through the little gun.

Just wondering,

Woody

The .40 Kahr makes my hand numb after a while.  You're not going to spend a day at the range shooting one of these.  I've normally had enough at about 100 rounds, but it is fun to shoot.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:08:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey "havin-fun",

Just wondering,

Woody

The .40 Kahr makes my hand numb after a while.  You're not going to spend a day at the range shooting one of these.  I've normally had enough at about 100 rounds, but it is fun to shoot.

Still not as bad as a light weight J-frame shooting .38s.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:23:14 PM EDT
[#7]
My wife also has her ccw permit, and for a birthday present, I bought her one of those light-weight J-frames in .38.  She immediately complained about it not being fun to shoot because of the snappy recoil.  She hangs in there for a complete practice session, but has a sore hand when done.

She really likes my MK9, and I think another birthday present is in order.

I'm still impressed with the mild recoil from this model.  It must have something to do with one of Kahr's patents that allowed the slide/barrel assembly to be mounted lower in the frame.

Whatever,.........I may get the MK40 for me and let her have the 9 for her purse.

Thanks for your replys,

Woody
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top