Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2006 3:22:35 AM EDT
I know S&W makes one (I owned it once, sold it).  It's the only thing I'm missing in the handgun collection...

okay well maybe I'm missing 4 other things but this 22lr is an important component!
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:27:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Beretta Neos - easy swapping of barrels too, but spend some time handling it before you buy. Very cool .22 and I got it for a steal, but I did not like the grip angle.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:16:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I really love the neos, would love to get the carbine kit if any one knows of one ??

Anyway, GREAT .22 pistol. Like he said, grip angle, a few other things, takes a little getting used to, but not that long. Get the biggest one you can (7.5 inch barrel I think mine is, if not, then 7), whatever the deluxe model is. Have had a few feed problems using super cheap ammo, but that is to be expected. 10rnd sticks piss me off regardless of caliber, and this one is no exception. You have to spend too much time reloading those damn mags. Overall, best plinker .22 I have shot.

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:24:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:55:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Take a look at the S&W model 41. This is the top of the line competition 22lr semi auto target gun. It is the most expensive (of course) rimfire gun S&W makes. It has a wonderfull trigger and is an unbelieveable tack driver.
Any but the oldest models (10+years ago?)come drilled and tapped with small screws plugs blocking the holes. You can buy a simple flat rail for $10 and screw it onto these standard holes.
Kind of stupid price and humbleing haveing a gun with no excuses. (if you missed with this gun YOU are the one who screwed up!)
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:22:52 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
www.tacticalsol.com/

Cool link Ricker
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 3:15:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I was looking for a 22/45 hunter.  

Saw the U22 Neos DLX.  Not sure wich way to turn.  I like the takedown of the Beretta, sights, rails, cost............Hmmmmmmmm
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 3:16:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Hard to beat a Ruger MK III.

I didn't even consider the NEOS because I like suppressors.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:21:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Hard to beat a Ruger MK III.

I didn't even consider the NEOS because I like suppressors.

Funny you say that Rodent....at my FFL today I held two pistols...one a Ruger MKIII and the other a Walther P22.

I was trying to decide between the two (traded my Remington 597 + cash .... the long gun took up invaluable real estate in my gunsafe & had to go).  The Ruger was on consignment and could not be traded by my FFL.  I used the excuse and succumbed to an impulse buy and bought the P22.

And now...as would be expected with terminal BRD....I'm looking at suppressors, lights, & mags for the P22.

All the years messing around with 223's & big game stuff...who'd have thought I'd have so much fun with a little 22lr!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:04:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:11:41 PM EDT
[#10]
+1 on Neos. Extremely reliable and so much easier to field strip.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top