Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2002 7:31:26 PM EDT
I saw this thing in a gun mag last month and fell in love with it.  The Dan Wesson Alaskan super mag.

I am so tempted to get this but its tough to justify so much gun when I don't hunt much.  It fires .445 super mag .44 mag and .44 special, for a paper puncher like me it seems foolish but I have to say I'm blinded by the coolness.  Anyone seen one of these yet?  
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 1:17:47 AM EDT
[#1]
That isn't a handgun.  It is a MANGUN.
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 4:06:24 PM EDT
[#2]
It would be a fine paper puncher with .44 specials.  I admit that the coolness factor is high.

How much do they want for it?
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 7:48:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 9:46:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Its called LUST. You can be the hero if ever there is a runaway locomotive too! If you dont buy it, you will go blind! (something like that) Now I want one too!  
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 11:58:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 6:35:24 PM EDT
[#6]
That sure is a sweet one, I however will stick with my Ruger 480. The finish looks real similar to that on my Ruger.
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 5:50:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll just swap mags in my "mangun" thanks. It's basically a lw Commander, but in 460 Rowland. Remove the 70gr prefrag (2400 fps) and replace it with 90 gr cuppoint swc's, 2200 fps) when in bear, elk and moose country, that's all. If you get charged, only a head shot is likely to suffice. As you are being mauled, most likely with an injured  hand and arm, DA trigger pull might be a bit much, and thumb cocking an SA revolver is even less likely to be feasible. I would rather have 4 tries at the brain (in that last 1 second) than just one, and regardless of how deep into "bear country" you are, men remain the more likely and the more dangerous threat.  Also, carrying a gun in much of such country is illegal, so I want something that is concealable, since cell and sat phones are so all-pervasive. A further advantage is the savings of a lb of weight on your belt. When backpacking, it is hard to both conceal a large pc, and still have swift access. I use a fanny pack, at the navel, and just leave the zipper top open. The rig inside will hold the gun if I am turned upside-down, yet it allows easy access if you actually draw it. It is based upon the adjustable-tension welt, pioneered by Milt Sparks.
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 6:46:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Jett,
I don't even know where to begin with you on this.  You obviously haven't been anywhere that there ARE bears(grizzlys).  

quoted from jett3 "Also, carrying a gun in much of such country is illegal, so I want something that is concealable, since cell and sat phones are so all-pervasive."

Futhermore, I'd sure like to see you face down that grizzly with your concealed lw Commander....or rather, what is left of you after words.  

quote from jett3, "90 gr cuppoint swc's, 2200 fps) when in bear, elk and moose country, that's all."  

Please don't do yourself an injustice, by posting on subjects you know nothing about.  It makes you sound like an idiot, and takes credit away from your other posts.
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 10:52:14 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a Ruger blackhawk 44mag.  A friend bought a DW super mag ashort while ago.  I have never seen a handgun cartridge that big.  It lloked like a rifle cartridge.  He says it kicks pretty good.  Yea, I imagine it does.
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 1:20:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Ya Im curious how much its going for too.
Ive been looking at the S&W 629 Stealth for awhile. Looks pretty tempting. I am just too scared to find out what is the asking price of it though.
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 5:24:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Jett 3? Troll?
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 12:03:44 PM EDT
[#12]
guns762,
He seems to have a real chip on his shoulder.  An ill-informed know-it-all who confrontationally responds to topics with baseless arguments.  Quite annoying.

jett3,
Chill out dude.  It seems that you have these issues on other boards too.  Don't make it  your mission to be a jackass.  You will be ostracized and learn nothing in the process.  Your verbal diarrhea will only be tolerated for so long.

Mods,
Sorry to insert this in this thread...I'm not trying to take it down hill.  However, I have a feeling this troll is going to stick around for a while.

Carry on...

***Edited for spelling.***
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 12:07:59 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I'll just swap mags in my "mangun" thanks. It's basically a lw Commander, but in 460 Rowland. Remove the 70gr prefrag (2400 fps) and replace it with 90 gr cuppoint swc's, 2200 fps) when in bear, elk and moose country, that's all. If you get charged, only a head shot is likely to suffice. As you are being mauled, most likely with an injured  hand and arm, DA trigger pull might be a bit much, and thumb cocking an SA revolver is even less likely to be feasible. I would rather have 4 tries at the brain (in that last 1 second) than just one, and regardless of how deep into "bear country" you are, men remain the more likely and the more dangerous threat.  Also, carrying a gun in much of such country is illegal, so I want something that is concealable, since cell and sat phones are so all-pervasive. A further advantage is the savings of a lb of weight on your belt. When backpacking, it is hard to both conceal a large pc, and still have swift access. I use a fanny pack, at the navel, and just leave the zipper top open. The rig inside will hold the gun if I am turned upside-down, yet it allows easy access if you actually draw it. It is based upon the adjustable-tension welt, pioneered by Milt Sparks.

???????
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 12:24:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 1:36:32 PM EDT
[#15]
No range report, I didn't buy this thing yet, just dreaming about it.  I'm gonna check it out at the Shot Show and see what it will cost to put me into this.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top