Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/3/2006 4:11:14 PM EDT
and then I saw that HORRIBLE safetly lock thingie on the side............I handed it right back.......

Smith and Wesson......I hate you now.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:06:16 PM EDT
All currently produced S&W's have the integral lock, along with all Rugers that are either newly engineered or re-engineered (new Vaquero, MKIII, P345, etc), Taurus, and many other manufacturers.

It's a fact of life. If you refuse to buy a gun because of an integral lock, soon, there will be no more new handguns for you to buy.

Don't blame the gun companies, blame all the idiots that sue over every little thing, not just relating to guns. If everyone who got rear ended at 5mph, spilled hot coffee on themselves, slipped and fell in a parking lot in the winter during a snowstorm, or every other little thing didn't sue, you wouldn't see things like this being done. It's not simply a reaction to being sued, it's prevention so they don't get sued. It's the American way.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:07:36 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Hawgleg44:
All currently produced S&W's have the integral lock, along with all Rugers that are either newly engineered or re-engineered (new Vaquero, MKIII, P345, etc), Taurus, and many other manufacturers.

It's a fact of life. If you refuse to buy a gun because of an integral lock, soon, there will be no more new handguns for you to buy.

Don't blame the gun companies, blame all the idiots that sue over every little thing, not just relating to guns. If everyone who got rear ended at 5mph, spilled hot coffee on themselves, slipped and fell in a parking lot in the winter during a snowstorm, or every other little thing didn't sue, you wouldn't see things like this being done. It's not simply a reaction to being sued, it's prevention so they don't get sued. It's the American way.

There will always be used guns!
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:10:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Hawgleg44:

Oh, I know, I just had to rant. Ya know, if they put it on the hammer...I could have lived with it....just relplace the hammer.....but NOOOOOOOO...they gotta put it on the FRAME!!!

Dirty bastards!!!

oopss......there I go again!
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:00:21 PM EDT
Right on!! I just had the same thing happen to me. I went to buy an airweight ankle gun, and picked out a S&W 642, then I saw the internal safety lock. A giant gaping hole in the sideplate, and a huge problem for people who need a 100% reliable defense weapon that doesn't lock up for no reason. S&W SUCKS!!!! they have sold their soul to the Devil. I will never buy any new firearm that has a "smart gun" lock or other gun grabber, left wing liberal, hippie bullshit technology. It breaks my heart that a company like S&W with such a great tradition could turn into such a sewer. Ownership changed, and sold out to the Clinton gang. S&W is DEAD to me, they suck!!!!Thank God there are still alot of fools who are willing to sell their old iron. Look for a used one that were made prior to all this bullshit. I ended up buying a Ruger SP101 which has no internal lock, but turns out that Ruger agreed to adding the locks to any new/redesigned models, so they sold out too!!! It's not gonna be long and the world as we know it will be gone. Look at that shit in upsate New York last year, some asswipe wades into a mall with an AK and dumps 50 rounds, and NOBODY is armed/able to return fire and stop him????? What the Hell??? The liberal, hippies are takin' over, internal locks are a symptom of the bigger problem. What's next, onstar for guns? where the government can shut your gun down from a remote location?? Wake up guys!
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:05:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/15/2006 6:06:45 PM EDT by Derm95]
I happen to like the internal locks on Taurus and S&W so that I can claim they are safe in the house or car when I'm not with them and they are loaded. The Taurus can be visually identified as locked when I reaquire the gun. So can the Smiths with the hammer flag.

But a big shock came with the new Airweight 638. The hammer is shrouded and guess what?

No visual indicator of a locked gun!

I don't see how the internal lock can mechanically fail. But Brains have been known to fail.

Also I don't quite understand the warnings to not use the internal locks on a loaded gun. The lock disables the gun. What's the problem?
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:17:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/15/2006 7:19:41 PM EDT by 2Manchu]

Originally Posted By GUNGUY1911:
There will always be used guns!

Hear-friggin'-Hear!!

ETA: Now that the frivolous lawsuit bill has passed there's no excuse for these abominations.
Top Top