Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 8/10/2009 6:22:15 AM EST
I want to replace my SIS night sights with set of target sights. Probably a plain black and a white dot front, adjustable would be alright as well. What style of cut am I looking for? I have heard that Kimber's use a Novak cut, but the SIS is a different style cut than other Kimbers. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Link Posted: 8/10/2009 4:13:19 PM EST
Kimber uses a "Kimber" cut, not the same as a Novak. As for the SIS, I don't know if it uses a different cut or not.
Link Posted: 8/11/2009 10:21:29 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/11/2009 10:28:16 PM EST by PPCShooter1]
Cubieman, I'd like to put the SIS sights on my TLE. I prefer that style. If you're willing, I'd like to take them off your hands.

I checked Brownells website and Novaks makes a couple of different styles for Kimbers, In fact one listing is just for Kimber rear sights from $30 to $90 depending on wether you want plain or night sights.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:11:47 PM EST
If you are planning on changing them yourself good luck. Kimber uses a 20 ton press to put them on and they are a pain in the ass to get off. If you can find a gunshop with a sight pusher, it will save you some aggravation. I have no idea why there is a set screw because they are not going to move without some serious force.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:33:28 PM EST
The SIS pistol has a totally different rear dovetail and sight, a regular Kimber cut sight will not fit. You are pretty much stuck with the sights it came with. If it shoots high, you can replace the front sight to correct it, shooting low, nothing can be done except maybe have the barrel changed.
Top Top