Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Posted: 3/27/2004 4:13:59 AM EDT

Im finding the classics appealing more and more to me...
Link Posted: 3/27/2004 7:45:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I can understand the nee...........

Link Posted: 3/27/2004 8:02:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I've owned all kinds of 1911's But never a colt and I too want a LW Commander.
Link Posted: 3/27/2004 8:09:09 AM EDT
[#3]
LW Commander, excellent choice
Link Posted: 3/27/2004 8:12:53 AM EDT
[#4]
I knew there was a reason the classics are classics and some others are just a memory.
I think sometimes "classic" can mean getting back to basics, stuff that works, without all the uneeded fads and gizmos.
At present, I have no Commander, LW or otherwise.
Thanks for lengthening my wish list, as I totally agree.
Link Posted: 3/27/2004 11:03:45 AM EDT
[#5]
I just picked up a 1955 nickel LW Commander in a trade! It's on the way - not even in my hands yet - and I'm already excited.......some postal guy is probably dry firing it right now.....

I think I want to replace the wood grips on it with some Stag grips with a Colt medallion....any other unique suggestions?
Link Posted: 3/27/2004 11:14:15 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I think I want to replace the wood grips on it with some Stag grips with a Colt medallion....any other unique suggestions?

hmmmmmmm............a set of these maybe
www.netvirtuosity.com/goldcupgirl.jpg
Link Posted: 3/27/2004 2:09:05 PM EDT
[#7]
hopefully the other side grip panel is accurate too..........sign me up!
Link Posted: 3/27/2004 6:13:26 PM EDT
[#8]
You meen you want one of these

My daily carry piece.  Love it!  Picked it up at a gunshow a while back.
Link Posted: 3/27/2004 7:39:15 PM EDT
[#9]
I like Pony's

Lumpy you need one!!!!
Link Posted: 3/27/2004 8:06:18 PM EDT
[#10]
I have several Colt Commanders, none being the lightweight model, so that is on my want list. I really like the 4-1/4" slide.
Link Posted: 4/9/2004 5:28:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Boy, Can I ever understand the desire for a LWC. We had one in the shop for a night sight installation and I just knew there had to be one in my future. I guess all the slobbering paid off because one day my husband presented me with a frame and told me to plan what I wanted to do with it.

Now that frame along with a lot of other parts is my daily carry gun, a very pretty girlie gun all shiny and bright.
Link Posted: 4/9/2004 6:39:36 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Now that frame along with a lot of other parts is my daily carry gun, a very pretty girlie gun all shiny and bright.

Thats just a good BBQ gun ma'am
Link Posted: 4/9/2004 10:36:24 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Boy, Can I ever understand the desire for a LWC. We had one in the shop for a night sight installation and I just knew there had to be one in my future. I guess all the slobbering paid off because one day my husband presented me with a frame and told me to plan what I wanted to do with it.

We need Pics !!!!
Link Posted: 4/14/2004 2:59:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Hey, gang, I have one of these for sale on the equipment exchange right now, looks a lot like the one 19119640 has. Contact me if interested/questions. Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 11:55:45 AM EDT
[#15]

That's what Jeff Cooper has carried for decades.

I want one too, I just never get around to it.
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top