Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/22/2010 11:43:48 AM EDT

Went to a local pawn shop last week and was looking for some spare Walther P22 mags. This little gem was under the glass. They wanted $375 plus tax. Talked them down to $375 out the door.

Smith & Wesson Model 15-4

This gun was never fired. Story behind it. Guy in his thirties walk in with that revolver and a couple of beat up long guns. They were his dad's. Father passed away and the guy has to be a gay liberal democrat (he told the pawn clerk that he didn't want guns in his house. Their icky according to the previous owner.) The revolver was bought in 1979 by the father and it stayed loaded in a sock drawer until the day he dies. Idiot son brings it in along with the rest of the guns. The S&W was still loaded when he brought it in. So the pawn shop takes them and throws them up on the rack. I walk in three days later and buy the S&W.

I think I did good rescuing that poor under loved S&W
Link Posted: 10/22/2010 3:53:56 PM EDT
[#1]

That is a right nice Model 15 there. Better you owning it than him, that's for sure.
Link Posted: 10/22/2010 4:12:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Lucky basterd.  I never run across steals like that.
Link Posted: 10/22/2010 8:51:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Very nice!
Link Posted: 10/22/2010 11:31:44 PM EDT
[#4]
On one hand –– i hope this never happens to my guns  (passed on to a dousche who doesn't appreciate them) ––- but on the other hand,  i'm darn glad you got a good deal on that pretty little S&W
Link Posted: 10/24/2010 4:55:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af78/miami_jbt/pic102210_1.jpg

Went to a local pawn shop last week and was looking for some spare Walther P22 mags. This little gem was under the glass. They wanted $375 plus tax. Talked them down to $375 out the door.

Smith & Wesson Model 15-4

This gun was never fired. Story behind it. Guy in his thirties walk in with that revolver and a couple of beat up long guns. They were his dad's. Father passed away and the guy has to be a gay liberal democrat (he told the pawn clerk that he didn't want guns in his house. Their icky according to the previous owner.) The revolver was bought in 1979 by the father and it stayed loaded in a sock drawer until the day he dies. Idiot son brings it in along with the rest of the guns. The S&W was still loaded when he brought it in. So the pawn shop takes them and throws them up on the rack. I walk in three days later and buy the S&W.

I think I did good rescuing that poor under loved S&W
wow, great deal. I am surprised the pawn shop doesn't have to hold items they purchase longer, here they hold them for 90 days before putting them on the shelf, just in case it gets reported stolen.

Link Posted: 10/24/2010 7:32:29 PM EDT
[#6]
You can feed that gun Plus P .38s all day.  That's a fine handgun to teach someone new to the shooting sports.

That Tyler T-Grip is a good addition for a K-frame with my big hands.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 9:58:17 PM EDT
[#7]
At least the son didn't think they were so "icky" they needed to be turned in for destruction.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 3:30:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Nice save, at least my two sons will be fighting over who gets what.  They both love shooting.

CD
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top