Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/9/2002 4:47:05 PM EDT
Hey to all, I figured I would stop buy since it has been awhile and share this story. I saw the biggest piece of junk that was called a pistol. It was a HightPoint in .40, man I had never heard of one of these things before. The guy said he got it for $50, I don't think it was even worth that. Has anyone actually tried one of these before?
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 5:04:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 3:36:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 9:54:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I'v seen a few. What I've always wondered if they were better as a gun or a club.
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 11:19:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Unfortunately, EVERY gun store around here carries Hi-Point pistols.  They seem to sell pretty well.  I don't think you could give me one, but many guys say that they work fine?  Of course, one of the employees of one of the local stores called me last night to try to sell me his used Charles Daley 1911........for 375.00!  
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 1:39:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I was just down scoping out another local store, and got to listen to the sales clerk give his Hi-Point sales pitch.

"Oh yea, it's a pretty good gun, buddy of mine says they work gook as long as you keep them clean."

I think he said the "as long as you keep it clean" line about 7 times while I was listening.  The buyer was in his late 30's early 40's, and didn't seem to know anything about firearms.  I felt bad for him, I wanted to go up and say don't buy that, but I don't think I would be welcome in the store after that kind of "selling".  
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 3:29:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I just don't see why someone who wants a cheap handgun doesn't get a Makarov or a CZ-52. They are both 10 times better.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 7:39:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Price sells. To the unknowing. It seems to be the main feature some want. If I remember correctly, that gun has had a few names since birth. None has ever made it into my collection, even though they were "made" just 60 miles south of me. SS109 speaks the truth...a Mak or a CZ...way better.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 10:37:32 AM EDT
[#8]
I bought a .45 from a friend who wanted to get rid of it (for $75 + ammo).  That thing was a piece of $h!t.  It would jam feeding and extracting.  A couple of months later I sold it back to his brother for $75.  I wouldn't give another a try if my life depended on it.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 10:40:19 PM EDT
[#9]
I used to work at a store that sold the hell out of them.  The .380's would go on sell for 89.99 and we would sell them like nothing else.  It made me sick to take them out of the case and hand them to someone though.   People would ask why there was a price difference between the Hi-Points and others.  I would hand them a Hi-point and then hand them a Beretta.  Alot would get the point just by holding it, if not, we sold them a hi-point.  Never had a complaint about them though.  I think the people that buy them for the most part never shoot them enough to have problems or else don't know a pistol isn't supposed to jam every 5 rounds.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 11:10:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Hipoint, where to start!  I took a basic pistol course and a couple in the class had hipoints.  He had the 45 and his wife had the 9mm.  To make a long story short everytime one of the rangemasters called a cease fire it was due to the couple with the hipoints.  

Then one of my buddy's at work decided that he wanted to buy a handgun.  I gave him all kinds of choices.  One day he comes to work and tells me he got a great deal on a 45.  I instantly thought HiPoint.  Sure enough it was.  He took it out shooting and it jammed twice per magazine.  He still thinks that its a great gun for the money?
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 4:12:51 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Hey to all, I figured I would stop buy since it has been awhile and share this story. I saw the biggest piece of junk that was called a pistol. It was a HightPoint in .40, man I had never heard of one of these things before. The guy said he got it for $50, I don't think it was even worth that. Has anyone actually tried one of these before?

Hey man If you did`nt like my gun why did`nt
you just say so
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 6:12:55 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Hey man If you did`nt like my gun why did`nt
you just say so

Because I figured you might [>)]. At least you finally got a Glock in the end
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top