Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/19/2004 10:47:53 AM EST

Well, I put 100 rounds through her today, and remembered all over again why this is my absolute favorite pistol. It just feels right to shoot it, you know? I own a 1911, Glock, HK and the SIG, and I still go to my Sig more than any of the others.

I mostly practice quick draw and fire from my Fobus hip holster. I am trying to get quick enough to have the weapon holstered before the shell hits the ground - and I'm pretty close.

I had some minor FTFs with it today, but I am going to clean the heck out of it, and disassemble the mags as well, hopefully that will solve the problem.

This will be a perfect compliment to my 9mm suppressed AR project, if I ever get it done.

Just thought I'd post.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 11:40:02 AM EST
Why would you want to practice speed of re-holstering as opposed to speed of drawing?
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 11:43:08 AM EST

Well, I practice speed drawing with every shot, of course, but I don't have an easy measure for time like I do when holstering against a falling shell.

Plus, drawing or holstering, I am still training my hand to go to exactly the same place as fast as possible.

Link Posted: 9/19/2004 4:51:31 PM EST
Consider getting a shot timer. They're not that expensive and you'll get very accurate feedback.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:46:59 PM EST
Hey AvengeR15, you will NOT regret getting a suppressed 9mm AR-15! However I would suggest to get an integral suppressor rather than a can ya' slap on the end of the muzzle.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:17:33 PM EST

Originally Posted By JimmyThompson:
Hey AvengeR15, you will NOT regret getting a suppressed 9mm AR-15! However I would suggest to get an integral suppressor rather than a can ya' slap on the end of the muzzle.

Yeah, that's what I am thinking. I am looking at the LRM upper - it looks and sounds great, and LRM is only 100 miles from my house.

Cost is $1175 for the complete upper, I should be able to swing that in the next month or so, I hope.

Top Top